Post Covid-19 Travel Discounts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks guys, you have now officially all gotten me in trouble!

But in a great way, we are (as it stands) heading for a 3 month trip to Aus-NZ (if anyone is in that area tell me and we would love to meet for a glass of wine or coffee), we start in Sydney (NYE) and then Mike Ball, Australian Open, Leafy and Weedy sea dragoons on our way to the Poor Knights and America's Cup in NZ but now Nathalie is thinking hmm a 3 week trip to Indonesia is a great side trip (love her to pieces but my wallet doesn't) so thanks guys :)

So yes Dom@DiveAdvice I will message you and any saving I can get I will take, I am sadly still trying to talk her into a 1 week in the Caribbean but it's a loosing proposition as nothing on this side of the pond compares!

And look on the bright side maybe by then the CAD will climb back to being worth something :)

Wow

Yes was supposed to be our semi retirement trip, but with the stock market (freelance so no pension) and the work drying up it will be a 3 month trip (most hotels are already paid and not refundable) and then back to work, but lets be honest I am not complaining.

And I am happy she wants more, but my wallet isn't (and it being in CAD is even less so)

Yes was supposed to be our semi retirement trip, but with the stock market (freelance so no pension) and the work drying up it will be a 3 month trip (most hotels are already paid and not refundable) and then back to work, but lets be honest I am not complaining.

And I am happy she wants more, but my wallet isn't (and it being in CAD is even less so)

Please let @chillyinCanada and I know if you need some bag mules, umbrella drink getters, etc...especially in the Bali portion of the trip. :D

Please let @chillyinCanada and I know if you need some bag mules, umbrella drink getters, etc...especially in the Bali portion of the trip. :D

Well there isn't supposed to be a Bali part of the trip, that is the issue! However in Dec of 2022 we are planning to head to Indonesia for 3 months and yes I plan on spending some time with friends in Lovina Beach, and a couple of days relaxing in Ubud so maybe on that trip, but the real highlights will be a couple of weeks or more with friends in Bunaken and 2-3 liveaboards (the plan is Arenui + ...)

But thanks to your great suggestions and the 50% mentioned by Don it seems my plans are being changed, and I always welcome friends to take advantage of my offer, we can rent a 2 bedroom so take us out to good meals and stay for free.

Ok so there is a change of plans and there might indeed be a Bali portion of the trip, so what are your thoughts and recommendations.

Just a couple of days on Bali? Transition days, recovery days or dive days?

We figure we can take 21 days vacation, 11 for the Amira, 2 travel there, 1 travel back so the rest is open :) I created a new thread but honestly we are just crossing our fingers that Indonesia is open for business in Aug.

I think we will be allowed to fly by then

Even 1 day of diving in Bali is good around August, as it is Mola Mola season. Check out my 1 day of diving in Nusa Penida, below.

Back
Top Bottom