Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

T-9’s unique formulation of solvent carrier and paraffin wax coating was engineered to penetrate crevices deeply, displace moisture, dissolve minor corrosion, and leave a clean, waxy coating with lasting durability—without using Teflon, silicone, fluorocarbons, MEK, or acetone.
Quote of the T-9 webpage

Never thought about using T-9 I use it to lubricate the chain of my race bike and was expecting a silicone component in it.
My drysuit supplier will "kill" me when using any silicone based lubricants as it will impregnate in the rubber/laminte and no glue will stick to it of a sea or zipper has to be replaced.

Parrafin oil sounds not that bad either, Ikea sells bottels of Skydd in Europa. A mineral oil to be used as protecion for chopping boards in the kitchen. Food safe and all.
The only problem I don't like oily liquids near the rubber/latex parts of my suit.

Beeswax I've used but its to solid for my liking. scraping the teeth but not entering the zipper.

Bas

Some disambiguation of the term "paraffin" here: Paraffin - Wikipedia

In American usage, "paraffin" usually refers to wax, like candles are made of. I have also seen it used to refer to what we call kerosene and figured that was British usage. The medicinal paraffin is a new one to me. Who knew I could learn chemistry from SB!
heres another interesting factoid - In British English, a billion used to be equivalent to a million million (i.e. 1,000,000,000,000), while in American English it has always equated to a thousand million (i.e. 1,000,000,000).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom