Drysuit care

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll bet that, as you get comfortable with your dry suit, you use it more often. I don't dive wet ANYWHERE any more, except teaching in the pool :)

I don't know how long suits last. My oldest one is about four years old and going strong. If you don't beat them up, and you don't get a bad batch of trilaminate, I think they last quite a long time.

thanks Herb-Alaska!

---------- Post added July 10th, 2015 at 02:34 PM ----------

I was thinking I might install the permanent si tech neck and wrist parts which will make changing seals easier. You ever do this? Is it worth it? I don't dive as much as other's here and I will dive dry even less (deep colder quarry dives and maybe eventually ice diving). I would say total drysuit dive's a year for the next few years will be about 10-20 per year until I get into serious tech diving which who knows how long that will be.

I put Sitech cuffs on my wrists simply for quick changes. I can go from dry glove to wet glove in a minutes or I can field change a wrist seal out quickly. I went with tis on the wrist becasue that is what I abuse the most. I work in my suit and stick my arms in barnacle crust places and that combined with the in and out of the cuffs tears seals but at that I still get a good year or more out of a wrist seal.

I went with the glue in neck seal becasue that is much more protected and less likely to wear. I go through a neck seal maybe every 250 dives. I am careful and stretch it as I go on and off so it is not pulled as my head goes through. I did not go with a cuff system becasue I don't like the bulk ring around my neck that is required for the system

I can change my own seals no problem and I do them on my other suits but when i bought this last one I paid 500 for the platinum service contract and they change any seal every year for free. they patch any leak for free and replace the sipper every 3 years for free all I have to do is send it in That was with Dive Right and they do a nice job much neater on seals than I will ever be able to do. Think about neatness and decide how much that is worth to you. On 3 of my suits not enough to pay for it to be outsourced on my new suit one zipper will just about get me my money back so it was worth it.

at 20 dives per year if you take care of your seals the suit will be trouble free for about 4 years.

Other than UV seal protector and zipper lube all I do is rinse mine in salt water as often as possible.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom