Tucking hood into 7mm wetsuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

joshua.d.vise

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all!
I recently bought a 7mm Cressi Heptagon wetsuit and a 7mm hood with bib so that I could dive in South Korea later into the season (if you haven't, find the new "South Korea" page in the community). Everything fits well, but I'm having an issue. The neoprene fabric/bib bunches up in the back near the neck where it meets the wetsuit. I can't imagine making it fit tighter either on my neck or head. It seems as if the neck itself is too long between the head and bib part. Any advice on how to deal with this issue so the wetsuit fits flush over the hood?

Thanks, and please pop into the South Korea page!

don't dive with skirted hoods... If you think you need a skirted hood, then dive a hooded vest. Otherwise drive with drysuit hoods that don't have a skirt. You usually don't have much of a gap between your neck and the suit if any at all.

Sorry, but I don't think skirted hoods are worth dealing with. I go no hood, drysuit hood, hooded vest, drysuit.

don't dive with skirted hoods... If you think you need a skirted hood, then dive a hooded vest. Otherwise drive with drysuit hoods that don't have a skirt. You usually don't have much of a gap between your neck and the suit if any at all.

Sorry, but I don't think skirted hoods are worth dealing with. I go no hood, drysuit hood, hooded vest, drysuit.

Would you recommend trimming off the skirt below where the wetsuit would meet it?

... dive with drysuit hoods that don't have a skirt.

I agree with @tbone1004 .
100%.

When I was a working divemaster I cut the skirt off my hood so I could put it on quickly in an emergency.
I noticed right away that it didn't make any difference keeping me warm in the water.
Since then I cut off all skirts, and we dive in some pretty cold water around here.
I use my hooded vest when extra thermal protection is needed.

Someone may say just wear the skirt outside your wetsuit.
Nah, that just doesn't look right.

K.

Would you recommend trimming off the skirt below where the wetsuit would meet it?

if you can't return it, then yes. Make sure you get something like aquaseal or something to keep the layers together. The skirts won't let flat on most body types, and there really isn't anything you can do to make it better which sucks.

I agree with @tbone1004 .
100%.Someone may say just wear the skirt outside your wetsuit.
Nah, that just doesn't look right.
K.
I wore it that way, because i felt my semi-dry neck was too tight already without another layer in there. I got such pained looks from other divers, plus it was a bit in the way for other gear. I’ll try the trimming of the bib myself next time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom