Chuuk lagoon liveaboard vs. land based diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has any one stayed at both Blue Lagoon and the Truk Stop? A comparison was be great.

I know people from Kwajalein usually stay at the Truk Stop. There was also a group recently who got a great deal on a last minute booking on the Odyssey. Both places were highly recommended.

Has any one stayed at both Blue Lagoon and the Truk Stop? A comparison was be great.

I know people from Kwajalein usually stay at the Truk Stop. There was also a group recently who got a great deal on a last minute booking on the Odyssey. Both places were highly recommended.
The Blue Lagoon Resort has the larger grounds, better ambiance, and a small grocery mini-market. Truk Stop Hotel Dive-ops had from 2008 to January 2015, the best logistics for tech diving/mixed gas support, with trained & experienced guides in Advanced Nitrox/Decompression Procedures who would actually take you through the deeper wrecks like the San Francisco Maru if you were Tech Wreck Overhead Certified. Blue Lagoon Dive-ops is the more historic of the two, run by Gradvin Aisek, son of the great Kimiuo Aisek. Both have fair restaurants, Truk Stop having the best & biggest pizza (order it "easy on the cheese" though!) in all of Micronesia.

The Blue Lagoon Resort has the larger grounds, better ambiance, and a small grocery mini-market. Truk Stop Hotel Dive-ops had from 2008 to January 2015, the best logistics for tech diving/mixed gas support, with trained & experienced guides in Advanced Nitrox/Decompression Procedures who would actually take you through the deeper wrecks like the San Francisco Maru if you were Tech Wreck Overhead Certified. Blue Lagoon Dive-ops is the more historic of the two, run by Gradvin Aisek, son of the great Kimiuo Aisek. Both have fair restaurants, Truk Stop having the best & biggest pizza (order it "easy on the cheese" though!) in all of Micronesia.
Thanks Kev...

I am still trying to get there. But with limited days off, I seem to be finding myself flying back to the US more often. At least I have our 100 wrecks here in Kwaj. :)

I know this is a old thread but did any of you who visited bring a C02 analyzer?

Back
Top Bottom