Wagon to transport gear from car to dive boat?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gemini528

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Newbie question please.

Ive only done shore dives so far and use a collapsable wagon to transport my gear to the meeting/set up area if needed.

Is it typical to also use a wagon to transport my gear from my car to a dive boat? The website says that they can store large wheeled luggage off boat if needed.

I dont think I can carry all of my gear (including weights) otherwise.

thanks!

Talk directly with your operator regarding them storing your own cart/wagon.

But, if they're departing from most standard marinas, there are usually a few wheeled carts at the top for public use. Just grab it, use it, and return it to the top, with no need to haul your own cart....

Some docks have wagons, some do not.

The Channel Islands bound fleet in Santa Barbara has wagons at the dock.
Monterey Bay does not, but years ago when I worked there we'd help divers bring gear from car to boat if they asked and had arrived early before the masses started checking in.
Most patrons took 2-3 trips to get their dive gear to the boat.

You can bring a wagon to the boat, but often it's better etiquette to stage your gear then bring the wagon back to your car, whether live aboard or day trip. There's not an awful lot of room.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom