Suggestion Classifieds... Please mark your item "SOLD!!" when it sells :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Rollin Bonz

Rollin Bonz

*insert catchy phrase here*
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Not sure where else to post. Suggestion for users, not for the board. Mods, feel free to move elsewhere if appropriate.

Does everyone think a seller should mark their thread when their item has sold?
The Crowd responds "YESS!!
Does everyone do this?
Low chattering passes through The Crowd
The Crowd responds "Ummm... most of the time, usually..?"

Does everyone know how to do this?
Most of The Crowd responds "Yes, it's pretty simple!"
Rest of The Crowd looks around confused...

So, here is a quick reminder...

Please mark your thread sold when you sell your item :)

People get tired of having to ask "is this still available" only to be told "nope, sold that 2 months ago".

People also get tired of checking out new activity only to find old irrelevant ads resurfacing.

It's really easy to mark your item sold...here's how... on your computer... and almost exactly the same on mobile, depending on your OS

From your ad, click "Thread Tools" above and to the right of your post

and click "Edit Title"

Then click the box to the left of your title
sold.jpg

From the pop up, select "SOLD!!!"
The previous "For Sale" button will change to "SOLD!" on your ad
sold2.jpg

As well as on the forum page

sold3.jpg

This will make things easier for everyone, both buyers and sellers.

Thanks for your attention... if you read this far and agree, can I get an "AMEN!" or at least a like?

<END RANT>

Thought the mods said to hit notify mod at the bottom and put in the comment sold and they have a script that takes care of marking sold and changing the color and such. That’s what I do and it works.

Thought the mods said to hit notify mod at the bottom and put in the comment sold and they have a script that takes care of marking sold and changing the color and such. That’s what I do and it works.

I see that is the method mentioned in the top level of the Classifieds section. I'm sure that works too. If its automated, that's great. If it isn't, I guess I'm saving a mod a few minutes of work by closing my own. Doesn't matter how it gets marked, just wished more OP's went to the trouble of doing SOMETHING to close their thread when an item is no longer available.

Back
Top Bottom