Best Operator for Vandy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SMAE

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Which scuba charter lets you dive your dive??? I dove with a certain operator who required that everyone follow a guide. So, I got stuck with a guide and 2 newbie divers. It was the shortest double-dip that I've ever done! Live & Learn. It's time to try this again, the right way! Any suggestions as to which dive operator caters to the more advanced diver?

Which scuba charter lets you dive your dive??? I dove with a certain operator who required that everyone follow a guide. So, I got stuck with a guide and 2 newbie divers. It was the shortest double-dip that I've ever done! Live & Learn. It's time to try this again, the right way! Any suggestions as to which dive operator caters to the more advanced diver?
Stay away from Dive Key west (unless you need equipment repair). They pride themselves on safety on the vandy. That translates to guided dive. You will by happy with Finz.

Captain's Corner had no problem letting us do our tech dive. They also took out the 48' Newton with only 6 divers on board--A+ operation all around.

I dove the Vandy off the Spree and it was awesome. Yeah, too bad that's not an option any longer.

Captains Corner has been very accommodating when I've dove the Vandy with them. I've done half a dozen dive trips with them if memory serves. They let me go solo (with cert and redundant gear). Basically told me what time they planned to head back to the dock and let me plan my own dive profiles and SI as long as I was back on board by the planned return time.

Thanks for the great information :). I will give them a call when I'm ready to make the drive down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom