Tusa Imprex 400 (mk5 clone) Overhaul

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does that mean Tusa dealers will no longer service this regulator? I am looking into buying one on eBay as well.

Just curious. I have nothing against TUSA or other MK5 clones, however it always makes me wonder why someone would buy a clone of a MK5 when there are plenty of MK5s available for a great price-not to mention plenty of MK10s? Both of those regs have easy to source parts and kits.

Shameless plug. I have several MK10s for sale already rebuilt or if one prefers I'll happily sell a DIY reg with a parts kit. @Antonio Neves I also live in Houston ;-)

The only real advantage of buying any of the MK5 clones is the heavier turret bolt. I personally have upgraded my MK5's to the VDH stainless turret bolts but could have saved the money if I bought a the TR400 because it has a MK10 style bolt.

it has a MK10 style bolt.

....so does a MK10 :)

Question for you @NotSure -do you recognize either of these turret bolts? Thanks.
277592-4e5201f01f66c26d6d15d914ac296827.jpg

The bolt on the left looks like it might be from a Oceanic pre-98 Balanced Piston or PX2. Can't recall seeing the one on the right.

I just pulled this out of a retired Pre-98 Balanced piston. Looks pretty close to the one on the left but a lot more mileage.

20190806_193859_001 - Copy.jpg

Thanks @NotSure .

I'll take some measurements tomorrow, and if it's any use to you it's yours.

@NotSure
Here are the measurements:
The "unknown" swivel retainer head diameter is ~ 3/4"; SP swivel retainer is ~ 5/8"
The "unknown" swivel retainer head thickness is ~ 1/16"; SP swivel retainer is ~1/8"
The "unknown" swivel allen head broach is ~ 3/16; SP swivel retainer broach is ~ 7/32"
Thread size for both is 3/8-24

Again, if you have use for it I'll happily send it.

Couv

Back
Top Bottom