Lionfish Derby in Boynton Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamrushman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Some friends teamed me up for this lion-fish derby...
I'm not part of it but I wanted to say that the format for the tourney is really good.
* $60 for a 3 tank charter (normally $110 - $130)
* You get a shirt
* You can choose to keep your harvest (many tourneys you have to surrender LF's which can be $100-$200+

The mandatory Thr meeting is probably not possible for distance traveling divers,,,
But overall, this is a GREAT format & value for recreational charter divers. I hope more venues follow this format because it will get NEW harvesters interested and meeting like minded divers who they can share boat rides in the future.

Thanks for posting this @iamrushman !!

That sounds really cool. Wish I knew about it sooner.

Tried to enter a crew, but event is limited to 4 Boynton Dive Boats.

i had a lot of fun at this derby...splashdown divers was my assigned charter..the capt. recommended we do 30 min dives on the reefs to cover more ground...i found this interesting, so ended up with 5 dive for three tanks .... the first dive i did was 115 fsw, so 30min. took that tank...the others we in the 40 to 50 fsw range....one of the people in my group won the smallest lion fish award........yes, the mandatory meeting on the prior Thursday took some effort being i live in ft lauderdale but in the long run i really enjoyed the whole event...well worth the effort.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom