Restaurant discounts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divegirl1978

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I was down in October I heard (of course on my last day) that there are some restaurants that give small discounts to divers (if you show your c-card) Does anyone know if there is any truth to this rumor? I'd love to give my business to them if they do.

There are so many low cost restaurants with great food, I wouldn't ask for a discount.

Caribe Burger is just around the corner from my favorite cheap hotel, and I just love their $2 tacos. Their $4 hamburger is great too.

Los Otates was a bit of hike with my bum knee, but so good & cheap.

Then I tried an Italian place only open 1-5 weekdays a friend sent me too. The lobster and fettuccine was delightful for $12.

And on and on...

It's true!

Casa mission gives 15% off the leather bound menu with a c-card.

There is a laminated menu of lower priced dishes too. (breakfast and lunch) Delicious!

Lovely spot.

Cameron
20190306_102613.jpg

One says 15% and the other says 10%. ???

Cheers -

On my computer I can't quite make out the other logos on the bottom of the poster that gopbroek posted (even when I try to enlarge). I'm always glad to save money. What places besides Casa Mission offer a discount?

On my computer I can't quite make out the other logos on the bottom of the poster that gopbroek posted (even when I try to enlarge). I'm always glad to save money. What places besides Casa Mission offer a discount?
When I took the picture it was of two posters on the refrigerator at 3P. The lower is for the organisation of 'Swim 4 the reef'. I am not sure if the information is still valid but their website has this page covering local discounts but it appears dated
Swim for the Reef
It might be worth checking with the businesses listed to see if they continue to offer discounts because a Peso saved is a Peso earned.

We received 15% at Casa Mission last September. They are still *relatively* expensive so I'd recommend this place for a good meal with nice decor but not particularly for "cheap eats".

Many of the places charging "tourist prices" will give a slight discount (maybe 10%) for whatever reason....diver, group, frequent user, friend of a friend, etc. Places charging local prices...fuggetaboutit.

I have to try that Caribe Burger place as I've heard good things. Of course, no one knows where to find a better and cheaper burger than Gopbroek. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom