Folded hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bibo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I have new regulators that have been closed for at least 40 years in their box and now the hose remain bent. Is there any way to straighten them or do I have to keep them that way?
Thank you

Hi everyone,
I have new regulators that have been closed for at least 40 years in their box and now the hose remain bent. Is there any way to straighten them or do I have to keep them that way?
Thank you

Hoses are 40 years old. New hoses are not that expensive. Get new hoses.

That certainly gives new meaning to “new in box.” :D

Agreed. They may be okay, but the rubber is still 40 years old, wether used or not.
And I’m sure everyone wants to know what you have that is new in box, and that old.

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought it back :wink: :

o09hc8.jpg

smf62o.jpg

I also have 3 BA but have been in the box for only 24 years :)

my "old" regs are two a700, three g250 (one is the crystal) and some r190, one polar, one more 109 and other two 108

They would have been bent if you took them out of the box 40 years ago, your call.

Bob

The hoses are bent to begin with when stored in the box, stiffer over time, but will take their "normal" shape with use. It's up to you to decide whether you want to use a new old stock hose. I would, and have used old hoses, but I've done a lot of things disapproved of by others.

Bob

Soak the hoses in some hot (not boiling!) water for 15mins, they will soon uncurl and lay straight as they cool down.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom