• just the 100% during the dive AL40

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • just the 100% during the dive AL80

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • also a tank of O2 on the boat

Votes: 17 94.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Having deco O2 doesn't eliminate the need for emergency O2. I could have a set of 104's full of O2, but without the proper masks it would be mostly useless to a unconscious victim. Use appropriate tools for the job.

Having deco O2 doesn't eliminate the need for emergency O2. I could have a set of 104's full of O2, but without the proper masks it would be mostly useless to a unconscious victim. Use appropriate tools for the job.

bring a RescuEAN with you. BC inflator quick disconnect inlet, constant flow outlet. Waterproof and basically indestructible. Can't use an MTV-100, but that's about it

bring a RescuEAN with you. BC inflator quick disconnect inlet, constant flow outlet. Waterproof and basically indestructible. Can't use an MTV-100, but that's about it
Or connect this little guy to a male DIN fitting.
CGA870 (Med Block) to 1/4'' NPT
Now all the O2 reg and the MTV-100 now fit any/all spare or leftover deco gases on the boat.

Whenever I am diving from a non-commercial boat, and one or more of the dives will be deeper than 20 meters, I always bring one or two of my 100% deco bottles on the boat with me. I leave it on the boat, hang it from the drop line, or carry it with me, depending on the situation. Whenever I'm doing staged deco dives, I always bring an extra O2 cylinder too - never hurts! Commercial operators in FL always carry a DAN O2 kit, and some can be weird about bringing on extra cylinders (reasons!?) But when I go out with friends, most of whom don't keep a DAN kit on their boats, I prefer to have some O2 available.

Case in point - I have only ever "needed" it once, but glad I had it. On a trip with some friends, another diver who came up from a short/deep dive (~10-12 minutes at ~35M.) He was generally not feeling well (tired, a little nauseated), and complaining of a headache - but no other symptoms. The headache and nausea resolved after breathing 100% O2 for about 10 minutes during our long ride back to the marina. We guessed it was a bad fill (CO, etc.) but not sure.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom