Perdix vs Petrel battery life

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Consider yourself lucky. Here in the cold lakes the battery in my Petrel lasted for three dives. The Perdix is a little better, but not by much at five to six dives.

You should contact our nearest service center. This is not normal behavior.

I have Petrel 2 and Perdix AI. Petrel 2 slightly better on battery life but not significant difference in battery life. I'm getting 30+ hours of dive time from ordinary battery in each.

I can attest to this. I get nearly an entire season out of a single SAFT battery in cold (~42F) water, not that I'm sure the temperature makes a huge difference. I've dived nearly ever weekend since April.

I download after every dive day, even if only 1 dive. The constant use of Bluetooth has a definite impact, but I still will get between 15 & 20 hours on an ordinary alkaline in my Petrel 2.

Just an FYI. I’m using 14500 Li ion rechargeable batteries in our Perdix and I’m pleased with how it is working out. The batteries use the same charger as our lights so it is handy to top them off before a trip. I’m never tempted to try to get a few more dives out of it like I did with AA batteries and the discharge is more linear and predictable. Make sure you don’t buy them much longer than the AA batteries that you have on hand as some that are available are too long to fit.

Consider yourself lucky. Here in the cold lakes the battery in my Petrel lasted for three dives. The Perdix is a little better, but not by much at five to six dives.
Wow, I used my Perdix on 40 dives this year, half of them cold. I did change the battery before the last 4 dives, but more as a precaution.

Wow, I used my Perdix on 40 dives this year, half of them cold. I did change the battery before the last 4 dives, but more as a precaution.

I sold my Petrel. I'll keep a close eye on how fast the battery drains on my Perdix. I did notice after diving the past two weekends that the battery it isn't draining as fast. In comparison to my Luna it is much faster. The cold also eats up the batter life in my GoPro and CGX2 cameras.

Back
Top Bottom