Western PA - looking for friends!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ready4Launch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Getting my regulator back from being serviced this month. Heading to Cozumel mid-July. Would like to get in the water and blow bubbles before flying down there.

Pittsburgh, PA. Only been here for 1.5 years. Haven't gotten underwater in Gilboa or Lake Erie. Only OW certified, which kinda limits Erie a bit - I think. Regardless, would like to get at least one day of diving done before going. Could drive out to Dutch Springs too.

If anyone is game, please message me. Thanks

Hi welcome to the area. Have you checked out Crusty's operated by Scotts Scuba. It is a nice little local quary. About 1 hour from Pittsburgh.

You also have three quarries closer than Gilboa.
Todd's Scuba/Circleville Twin Quarries in Circleville, Ohio -Been here twice this season so far
The RV Park in Lancaster, Ohio
There is a lake in Newark, Ohio in a city park
In order to check out your reg, which should be done in a pool first right after a service you could come to Dive World in Washington, PA on Tuesday or Thursday from 4:30 until 7
For $25.00 use the shops weights and tanks and get into the heated pool that's on site.

Hi welcome to the area. Have you checked out Crusty's operated by Scotts Scuba. It is a nice little local quary. About 1 hour from Pittsburgh.

No - I had no idea. Thanks! I may have to check that out since it's close.

You also have three quarries closer than Gilboa.
Todd's Scuba/Circleville Twin Quarries in Circleville, Ohio -Been here twice this season so far
The RV Park in Lancaster, Ohio
There is a lake in Newark, Ohio in a city park
In order to check out your reg, which should be done in a pool first right after a service you could come to Dive World in Washington, PA on Tuesday or Thursday from 4:30 until 7
For $25.00 use the shops weights and tanks and get into the heated pool that's on site.

Thanks!

Hi I'm just down by Wheeling area always looking for a new dive buddy. I work Fire/Ems got pretty flexible schedule feel free to send me a message. We dive alot in friendship park Jefferson County

Hi I'm just down by Wheeling area always looking for a new dive buddy. I work Fire/Ems got pretty flexible schedule feel free to send me a message. We dive alot in friendship park Jefferson County

I assume it's permitted since I don't see anything on the park's website. Anything interesting, or just a spot to get wet?

I assume it's permitted since I don't see anything on the park's website. Anything interesting, or just a spot to get wet?

There's a old bridge it's little hard to find if viz is bad but other then that good spot to get wet got 64ft at the damn. We are allowed to dive there someone is always there every weekend diving.

Raccoon creek park is open for divers for free. I have never dove there but am told the diving is not that good there.

I've been looking to dive in western PA for a while now. If you (or anyone else) has any suggestions, or wants a dive buddy, just let me know.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom