Divemaster -- Where to go?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

spm1723

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys!

I'm looking to complete a divemaster internship this summer (sometime between June and August). I'm 19, so looking for a younger crowd, and have my rescue diver certification. I've mainly dove around south east Asia, and would love to go back there, however, I am interested in exploring new places.
Out of all of the suggestions I've heard from friends Mozambique is the one I am least familiar with (does anyone have any experience with diving there?)
I'm looking to become a dive master to strengthen my confidence in diving. In the future, I'd also be interested in working in the diving industry.

Any recommendations or stories about where you did DM certification would be great!

Lastly, if possible, I would like to be in a place where I can also do some form of community service/health service. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited:
A usual response is go where you think you have a chance of being hired on after finishing the course.

Hello! We have a great GoPro Green Divemaster Internship and coral conservation program aimed at students 18 years old and up. We're located on the Caribbean island of Roatan, the Bay Islands of Honduras. The diving here is unparalleled and the island offeres a lot of different opportunities outside the DM program for volunteer and extracurricular activities. For more information, feel free to send us an e-mail to internship@roatandiveacademy.com and we will happily answer all of your questions and even put you in touch with some current and former interns so you can get a real grasp of our program and what we can offer you. We look forward to hearing from you!

Question: since you've already seen many recommendations, what further use will our recommendations be?

Community service opportunities are in every community globally. Pick one and volunteer.

To answer your question pick an instructor you learn well from in an environment you personally like. I don't know your motivations for becoming a divemaster nor what you enjoy so I could not possibly recommend where would be a good fit for you.

If you want me to tell you were to go.... try Dive Alaska.

Enjoy the journey.
Cameron

P.s. enjoy the inevitable shop posts promoting their businesses.

I would highly recommend: Free PADI DIVEMASTER INTERNSHIP with Dressel Divers
Directed one of my Rescue students to them-- a tad older than you, but with the same desires and ambitions. He has now been with Dressel for a year in Cozumel and Playa Del Carmen and has had an outstanding experience.

Shop posts, Alaska.... who cares? Just get PAID when you are a Certified DM!

Back
Top Bottom