Installing and using a Pee valve in a semi-dry wetsuit? Anyone have any feedback?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

O Man, just buy a semi dry. You will like it, then we can go diving more LOL

Here is an alternative to the traditional p valve. use your same catheter hose set up but instead of runing the hose to the valve run it down our leg and out the leg seal. On a farmer john you can run the hose up the inner layer and then down between the pants and the jacket portions and let it hang at your waist. thats what i do with mine.

I use a p-valve in my semi-dry and love it, over 2 years now. no more swimming around in your own pee for long or short dives. Couple of issues though. with a dry suit you can have a real long inner hose that goes all over but with a semi-dry you need to shorten the hose, I also added a 90 at the end that goes to the cathater for routeing purposes.You will really like it not only like I said swimming in your own pee but also between dives you just walk to the platform and let it rip without taking off your suit. Hydrate all you want and never worry. PM me if you have any specific questions.
hi jadairiii,Thanks for sharing your experience! Lots of discussions are asking about p-valve on wet/semi-dry suits out there, but few people report using them.I have a brand new Aqualung SolaFX, not a semi-dry suit, but issue is the same: almost no water gets in, and it fits quite closely.Could you advise which p-valve model you've fitted?My main concern is the p-valve part which protudes inside the suit, i am afraid it could make it difficult to don the suit, and possibly painful under pressure. I have seen a Sitech p-valve on which this part is a large disc, 1.7cm thick.cheersNicolas

I use a lavacore front zipped, zoot suit. It has two zipper clasps so you can unzip the lower part a bit to pee. Works fine until buddies seeing you from behind, thinks your in trouble- don't they get a surprise when they flip you around.

The only real negative to this method is titan triggerfish.

I have a semidry that I dive half the year. I ordered it with a pee-zip: a 6-inch vertical zipper with a waterproof flap behind it. Works great, I use it every dive, although you need to be careful there's not someone ascending or on a safety-stop under you when you're using it on the surface. It added $15 to the suit I had made, but I think runs about $100 to retrofit. Any custom suit manufacturer or repairer should be able to add one...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom