MK25/S600 setup position.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Mk25/S600 is my favorite combo for single tank backmount in warm water. I angle the turret so it's pointing down toward my right shoulder blade. I use a 5' hose for my primary reg, which comes out the center port of the turret, does a simple wrap under my right arm, then crosses my chest and goes around my neck. The backup reg and inflator hoses exit from opposite ports of the turret. The backup (HOG D1) goes over my right shoulder and hangs from a bungee necklace. The wing inflator goes over my left shoulder, where it is held in place on top of the shoulder strap with a piece of elastic inner tube. The setup is quite streamlined.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I dive the Mk10/G250 (have seven of them) in the configuration in your picture. I switched to that configuration because one of my 40 year old DIN tanks makes it difficult to put the reg in the swivel down position. Of course in the upright position it can be a bit of a PITA lifting your head too far.

Thanks Pedro, Thanks!. I will consider removing the hose protector.

My setup is the same as yours. I just wondering if you are using Wing, or Jacket BCD?

With current setup (swivel down), the second stage fittings/hoses seems stressed by wing when fully inflated. and I can't adjust this to make the first stage higher as it will bang my head. is this the same case as yours? (Attaching image below, hoping u know what i meant).

View attachment 207478

Thanks,
Kebo

This stress is very minimal and should be a problem at all. And the wing is not fully inflated but for perhaps a short time on the surface. So I'd leave it in the down position and dive with the way you have it. Also, I've had the same reg and seen no corrosion issues with the hose protectors. Though I'm always rinsing my gear and hanging it out to dry after a dive. I can imagine the potential for extra corrosion if the gear is used in salt water and not rinsed.

This stress is very minimal and should be a problem at all. And the wing is not fully inflated but for perhaps a short time on the surface. So I'd leave it in the down position and dive with the way you have it. Also, I've had the same reg and seen no corrosion issues with the hose protectors. Though I'm always rinsing my gear and hanging it out to dry after a dive. I can imagine the potential for extra corrosion if the gear is used in salt water and not rinsed.
Hi Carl,

The picture shown was when I install Hollis STA on the BP. It gave about 2cm space between BP and Tank.

If I don't use it (which I'm planning to), then the problem starts. The tank and BP even closer by 2 cm causing the stress even worse.

I have a slight corrosion. I forgotten to open the hose protector on the octo end (not the one on the tank ends). But it's not something worrying. I will ensure to open that part next time when rinsing and drying.

Rgds,
Kebo

Use the way you like and work for you.. Dont take the house protect or away. If there is cortison bad quality. :wink: Protect the houses a littel more than with out. Give at last a year or more life lenght of The houses. .. :wink:

kebosatu,

The MK25 in all combos has the ability to be configured either in the "up" or "down" position; either one is fine and does not affect the excellent performance of the regulator.
There are as many arguments as to which is better as there opinions whether the diaphragm or piston first stage designs are better ... :)
Two facts do remain however:
1) All MK25 and MK25Evo regulator combos arrive from Italy, out of the box in the "up" configuration (assuming the primary comes over the right shoulder).
2) The majority of USA divers prefer the "down" position so as to avoid entangle, bumping the back of the head, and streamlining one's equipment.

kebosatu,

The MK25 in all combos has the ability to be configured either in the "up" or "down" position; either one is fine and does not affect the excellent performance of the regulator.
There are as many arguments as to which is better as there opinions whether the diaphragm or piston first stage designs are better ... :)
Two facts do remain however:
1) All MK25 and MK25Evo regulator combos arrive from Italy, out of the box in the "up" configuration (assuming the primary comes over the right shoulder).
2) The majority of USA divers prefer the "down" position so as to avoid entangle, bumping the back of the head, and streamlining one's equipment.

Thanks Harry for the information, this is very useful for me.. Now I convinced either way it still give the same best output of performance.

I have used hose protectors for decades and no problems at all. I rise/soak my regulators (usually) and I try to remember to pull down the protectors when doing so. No problems at all with hoses at the connections. I do remember seeing few hoses that required changing because of the damage at the hose crimping and the customer wasn't using protectors.

I have used hose protectors for decades and no problems at all. I rise/soak my regulators (usually) and I try to remember to pull down the protectors when doing so. No problems at all with hoses at the connections. I do remember seeing few hoses that required changing because of the damage at the hose crimping and the customer wasn't using protectors.

My HP hose leaking at the crimping and I use protectors all the time. It's not corrosion, but for sure I have to replace the hose cos it's irreparable.

Looks like it's case by case...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom