Lake Jocassee update

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dad and I dove off the ramp yesterday to continue working on his buoyancy and trim. He had a wing nut come off of his BP/W as we passed over the platform. We called the dive as his gear started to come appart. Add that to what needs to be checked in our predive check. I would have never considered that an issue as I verify the tightness of my XS Scuba delrin nuts each dive unconscionably.

Temps at the ramp were 65F at the surface and 5F6 at 20', and 52F at 40'.

Yikes. Glad it worked out ok. I think I was a few cars away from you. I had about the same temps, plus 48 degrees @ 50' and 46 degrees from 65' to 115'. Its like February. Oh yeah, I found a stratum of air-clear water between 85' and 105' left of the ramp (from the parking lot).

Yikes. Glad it worked out ok. I think I was a few cars away from you. I had about the same temps, plus 48 degrees @ 50' and 46 degrees from 65' to 115'. Its like February. Oh yeah, I found a stratum of air-clear water between 85' and 105' left of the ramp (from the parking lot).

Were you in a drysuit and solo diving?

I was @ 64' for a long time yesterday and the temp was 52 degrees. That's way warmer than it has been.

Anyone diving it today that can give me some temps down to about 25-30'? Going to do some shallow dives with the wife this weekend and she was wanting to know water temps.

Thanks

Last weekend at the Junk, water temp was 62 at the surface, 55 at the junk, and 51 at 80'

Was 68 at surface yesterday. I was diving with my wife (new diver) and she got cold at 24' 58 degrees and turned the dive.

A quick dive at the boat ramp Monday afternoon found the following conditions:

End of Boat Ramp is in 24' water.

Platform is at 30'

1st Thermocline is at 6' water temp drops another Thermocline was at 15-ish feet and another was around 27-33'

Water Temp was around 70 on the surface and 65 degrees at 35'

Visibility is 15-20'

The lake is slowly starting to warm.

Back
Top Bottom