looking at first trip to The Philippines - atlantis resorts - advice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scottyd - I have a deal right now that is good thru December 2015 that offers a BOGO (book one diver, 2nd diver is 50% off) at the Atlantis Puerto Galera Resort. This is a dive show special I will be offering at the Seattle H2O Show (booth 825) April 11-12. I can probably beat your LDS deal on a combo trip. Drop me a note if you want to compare deals.

Been to Dauin 2 times now, stayed at Eldorado last year, Mikes this year. Never heard about this kind of hidden fees, tipping or expensive bills.... By the way, Mike is from the U.S., Eldorado seems German owned. Service was absolutely top notch, from every employee.. We had to disappoint them a bit, since we have our own Dive guide,and he took care of all bookings for a,very fair price (yes, we are friends, all the way back to our Nitro cert. In 2011). Private guide, just us 3 in the water.... All diving with Harold 's, from his beach 10 minutes walk from Mike 's. .. There are fees for a lot of things in the Philippines, and if you are visiting for the first time, you may be surprised, but it's not that expensive... The Philippinos are very friendly and honest people, so much that we plan to retire there in the future... Paid less than 70 000 pesos for 12 days at Mikes, including food and drinks for 2.

Doc Harry, was this an Atlantis resort in the Phillipines?
No.
Perhaps these deceptive practices are not universal to all Atlantis resorts.

I was treated fairly by both Atlantis resorts in the Philippines. Well, actually, I was treated much better.

No hidden fees. No surprises, except for the quality of the operations, staff, food, diving, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalko

Was just in PG.
170-180 USD per day at most. 3 dives accomodation and food at my choice of eating establishments and beer.
More than 3 dives a day, some days 4, for 7 days, probably will not work. Currents and depth will see to that.
I'd say you pay the price to be looked after in all inclusive resorts.
There are other choices here mix and match works well, tip only for excellent service and enjoy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom