Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unique for you photos.. hmmm.. now you got my interest..

Well, it could mean like ANY nudie!! Just can't see'em--must be creations of djtimmy's imagination! I DID happen to shoot one accidentally a few days ago on a corkscrew anemone--only saw it when looking at my large computer monitor. I said to the diva,,lookit Ma-whats that white speck with horns? We said together--Nudie--and did a little dance!!

We did see a rather large octo out and about today, changing colors, flaring over prey, quite a nice show! Temp today up a degree to 82. Viz variable and so were our estimates--I thought about 15ft, maybe as much as 20 sometimes, lots of particulates and green water.......JoanneR sez 6-10 ft and agreed on particulates and green! our best viz was south of the west bridge.

Jenny, That Gurnard pic is fantastic!! What a face! Some film maker will use that face for an evil alien movie soon! Wow! I know that took a lot of patience. Thanks for posting your great picture!

Last edited:
Well, it could mean like ANY nudie!! Just can't see'em--must be creations of djtimmy's imagination! I DID happen to shoot one accidentally a few days ago on a corkscrew anemone--only saw it when looking at my large computer monitor. I said to the diva,,lookit Ma-whats that white speck with horns? We said together--Nudie--and did a little dance!!

Sorry to maybe burst your bubble but I think you saw a mollusk,Vitrinella canaliculata so google: photo Vitrinella canaliculata. On the plus side rarely seen but has been lately at BHB . I have only seen them once a few years back but a friend reported finding a lot just recently. Very good eyes finding something that is quite small. Congratulations.
Deb

Thanks Deb.
I had not seen the picture but that is one very cool looking character.
Will be on high alert next dive there.
John

I *think* this a a female saifin blenny, but not sure.
10559787_10152248499408531_9152214065755426645_n.jpg

Hey, Jenny. I've spent a fair bit of time trying to get pics of sailfin blennies, but I think I only remember coming across one female so far, and that's what it looked like, too. Interestingly, I've seen some males change their coloring to something pretty similar to that of those females, but that shorter dorsal fin seems to be the "giveaway". Least, that's my story, and I'm stickin to it.

---------- Post added August 2nd, 2014 at 12:49 PM ----------

https://www.flickr.com/photos/menta...dSE-dcLyyc-dcLDZB-dcLM1Z-dcM2hD-dcLN9L-dcLEj4

Here's a light-colorated male.

---------- Post added August 2nd, 2014 at 12:52 PM ----------

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mentalblock/14356684068/in/set-72157645031377790

The girl I saw back in May.

Oh cool beans. Like your photos..
Kinda figured it was a female sailfin.. not too far away from the male I saw, has the radiating lines on the eyes, and the white strips on the bottom lip like the male. Only got two shots off (so maybe half minute window) before it darted back in.

Sorry to maybe burst your bubble but I think you saw a mollusk,Vitrinella canaliculata so google: photo Vitrinella canaliculata. On the plus side rarely seen but has been lately at BHB . I have only seen them once a few years back but a friend reported finding a lot just recently. Very good eyes finding something that is quite small. Congratulations.
Deb

IMG_6159.jpg

This pic is about 1/15th of the original picture area. Is this the mollusk You referred to? Upper left in this pic. I didn't notice it until looking on the computer monitor at home. Thanks!

We went today and what a zoo--we got in 2 hours before hi tide and it seemed everyone else did as well--what's with all the students out there at that time--jeez!

About 20-25 ft of viz and (drum sounds) 86 degrees on my Suunto, the Diva had 84 on her Oceanic. Wow, what a difference in a day! Up 4 degrees, is that even possible?

I think the drumming was from the pirate ship.

Left from underneath the bridge center. Once we got past the little kid fishing with a greeny rig and the older knucklehead with a tiny sand perch on a 10/0 hook it was alright.

Thanks for the reports. Gonna try today.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom