Moalboal - Oslob dive photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oooooh I can't wait, going on a liveaboard that starts in Oslob visiting the whale sharks and ending up at Malapascua for the thresher sharks and BEFORE we board Ona we are going to Moalboal to see the sardines!!! Yeah, thanks for the fantastic photos. I'm sooo excited!

I did Oslob and Moalboal last month. Snorkelling with Whale Sharks is OK (1000 peso for 30 mins) but hard to get decent photos due to bouncing on the surface and impossible to get stable video. If i went again i'd dive (3000 peso) purely for that reason.
Moalboal was nice although vis was atrocious (5m of green) when i was there. The massive shoal of sardines is now on the Savedra house reef not Pescador (apparently have been there since october 2013) so short dive 10m off the beach. I only managed to dive it once as the centre for some reason wasnt diving there despite it being next to them and at 7.30am in crappy vis was poor for photos. The potential is there though in better conditions for Moalboal to be excellent.

Feeding Whale Shark by WhitcombeRD, on Flickr

Whale shark, fisherman and diver, Oslob, Philippines by WhitcombeRD, on Flickr

Sardines...Loads of Sardines by WhitcombeRD, on Flickr

Sardines...Loads of Sardines by WhitcombeRD, on Flickr

Good pics----& glad to see they're still there........6 for us, how many when you dove it??......

That's my wife 'underneath ' it ..........

8117441341_c2c0eda49e_o.jpg
[/URL]Betsy whaleshark by GEAUXtiger, on Flickr[/IMG]

rest are here......click it..
https://www.flickr.com/photos/80825593@N08/sets/72157631839358126/

Just back from Moalboal - Oslob.

@travelem: may I ask how do you get to Oslob from Moalboal? I'd like to do the same in this coming June. However, one of the operations in Moalboal gave me a very unreasonable quote for doing scuba dive with Whaleshark in Oslob (for a group of 7 people, PHP6000 per person, excluding the conservation fee of PHP1500 per dive). I'd like to know if this is a normal price?

Thanks.

That sounds a lot but i guess that includes transport to and from Oslob which is several hours each way?

The operators in Oslob were charging 3000php per person so 6000 including several hours on a bus doesn't sound TOO far fetched although it is a little inflated.

Great photos. Just got back from same trip.
Your sardine photos are better than mine, there was too much crap in the water for me to be happy with my shots, an excuse to return.
These couple of dives are must do's in my opinion, particularly Oslob.

To Wilwan we payed 5800 + 1500 at Turtle bay dive resort it seems about the going rate. Apart from the hair raising drive, that is dogs all over the road, it was fantastic.
BTW Blue turtle were great but out of the way if your not staying there.

Last edited:
Oh my!! What amazing pictures in this posts! Great shots!

Is it all year round or any specific season to see the whale sharks and sardine run in Moalboal?

The whalesharks are there all year round, have seen them twice and they are totally awesome. We have been to Turtle Bay twice , saw the sardine only the second time....they move around , but again this was an unforgettable sighting.

Oh my!! What amazing pictures in this posts! Great shots!

Is it all year round or any specific season to see the whale sharks and sardine run in Moalboal?
.......When we went Oct of '12, DM that went with us from Turtle Bay Resort said they had been there DAILY for 13 months then---minimum of 3, max of 9 each day.........EDIT:..I asked him how many were there that day when we were there & he said 6, sounded good to me cuz I was having trouble keeping track of them all.:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom