I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shells can kill too. Conus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am feeling lazy, if interested on my take on gun control do a search on my profile of my posts. You should find several that express my opinion.

Simply put gun control of any sort does not work period. Laws only effect people that obey them in the first place. Someone else already stated something to this effect earlier in this thread.

THR is a great resource. If you are serious about wanting to learn you can't ask for a better place. I am known as scallop on that board as well.

Now, God knows I love a good political fight but here is not the place for it. If you want to discuss things of that nature there are plenty of other threads in the pub to do so in.

This thread is about guns and our liking for them. If you do not have anything to contribute to the topic then please read only and keep your posts out as they serve no purpose in this particular thread. If a thread offends you then don't read it. This advice serves for guns or any other topics.

That is a strange magazine for an ar, how do you fit the big bullets in it?

That is a strange magazine for an ar, how do you fit the big bullets in it?

It is? Since AR's come in at least 50 different calibers now there are a lot of different magazines.

The AR is an Olympic Arms GL-9 model. It is in 9mm and uses Glock magazines. I had SRT build the integral silencer on the upper so I don't have to worry about it being a SBR. Then the Glock 34 has a Trident silencer on it. Nice thing is both guns us the same mags.

The problem with that idea is that ANY law ONLY works for people willing to abide by the law. Criminal by nature are breaking the law, so WHO does the law effect? There are already 40,000 gun control laws on the books, not counting things like "it is illegal to kill people" and yet that does not stop it. What is one more or two more or even a thousand laws going to do to change that?

In most cases where guns are used to hurt/kill another they are either used in defense, so legal OR they are breaking not just one but MANY laws...........

Why is it in places like DC, CA, NY, ect that have very restricted gun rights there is WAY more "gun" crime then places where guns are more prevalent? How come in those places more criminals have firearms then law abiding people? Laws in those places restrict law abiding people from owning guns, but does NOTHING to stop the criminals.

Stop expecting logic to work. :no: "gun control" is an emotional knee jerk reaction/arguement, completely unrelated to logical discourse.

I wish SB had a place to talk about this stuff... Perhaps they could called the pub or some such name...

As others have said, gun ownership does not equate to hunting.
This was actually an NRA carryover from the Clinton era when there was a big push for gun control. The NRA campaigned heavily that gun ownership was necessary for the American tradition of hunting. So much that people still have knee-jerk reactions to non-typical hunting firearms.

If you want actual debate, I suggest taking your views over to the current and ongoing thread in the Pub. You might actually get some support there too. With all due respect, leave this thread for the statement in the title.

Go ahead, move this thread to the pub. Some of us are not barred from that forum, yet.....

And perhaps one day you could visit such a place....

I wouldn't want to associate with people who frequent such a low rent establishment.

I shot one of those, I think it was in Call of duty black Ops...

I've shot one of those and it wasn't in a game. I'm guessing that the sound and recoil was a bit more intense that in "call of duty"

I wouldn't want to associate with people who frequent such a low rent establishment.

So I'm guessin' you don't hang with Toby Keith

I only hang out with Garth Brooks.

You all need to be careful, I heard on the radio that guns kill people...

So do sheep.

I have a 7MM mag. It is in my gun safe. Haven't fired it. I bought it 13 years ago, I had a big elk hunting trip in the works. I got married instead. I have a Remmington 700BDL. I love that rifle and will have it til the day the government comes after it or the day I die. Which may be the same day.:D

You IDIOT!!!!!!!

J/K I'm sure you're quite happy. :doh:

---------- Post added December 15th, 2013 at 11:22 AM ----------

My next gun.

How-The-Minigun-Chain-Gun-Works-2-500x375.jpg

Back
Top Bottom