Things you've found under water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

I found the shoe again, thought I'd share

We were diving a lake once early in my diving career when we found a really nice divers flag. I looked at it for a few seconds then realized it looked really familiar. Yep, it was my dive flag that had blown off and sunk only a few minutes before.

DFB

I was doing a commercial job in Ft Lauderdale about 30 years ago, and found a double ended marital aid next to the phone cable I was working on. Obviously the result of the end of a love affair. A fossil from the obscene period.

I find a lot of discs for disc golf in one place in about 20' of water and 20' from shore. Never found anything but drivers, I guess the golfers are more accurate with the other discs :)

[/QUOTE]
A backpack that I didn't open..and I regret it to this day ... maybe it was missing Jimmy Hoffa stuff? I still regret NOT opening it you know? Could been 50 K in 20's ?[/QUOTE]

You're from Seattle, maybe it belonged to D B Cooper.

A totally awesome.."Just the right size" Bronze cannon!! a 1.3mtr Falcon. Now to make the carriage and put it in the Garden!!...funny thing after all this time with some too big and some too small ? now I have a shiny just right one, what do you really do with a cannon...but I am not complaining!!...Tonga is a great place!!!

I also an ancient anchor this year. The crew and DM's had not ever seen it. We had dove that site a number of times before and always stayed on the planned route. This time mwife and I decided to go out on our own in a new direction to find something interesting. And we did. It looked to be very old from the design. I am no expert, but slave era came to mind. It was in surprisingly shallow water as well. Too big to take home for sure, so we had to leave it where it lay. I figure it was a ton or more in weight. About 6-7 feet across at the anchor hook end

My buddy and I found an old car upside down in the river it was pretty cool and we always find lures on it. Out local auto parts store gives five dollars credit for used batteries so I figured I would pull it up.
I took a pair of cable cutters with me to cut through the battery cable. I got to the bottom and felt my way to the cable and cut it and then pulled the battery free. I didn't use tanks this dive, because it is only in twenty feet of water. Three dives later I had the battery out of the water and a few lures as well. I also pulled up a wheel chair and a bike and a hard drive and some sort of locking lever that I have no idea what it does. There is some more stuff there but it is a pain to pull it up the bank and into the truck. The battery was from Montgomery Wards and was bought in 1976. I am taking the bike to the police so they can reunite it with its owner. The wheel chair company can't take the chair back so I might make a cart to haul gear down to the beach in. DSC01815 (800x600).jpgDSC01819 (800x600).jpg

My buddy and I found an old car upside down in the river it was pretty cool and we always find lures on it. Out local auto parts store gives five dollars credit for used batteries so I figured I would pull it up.
I took a pair of cable cutters with me to cut through the battery cable. I got to the bottom and felt my way to the cable and cut it and then pulled the battery free. I didn't use tanks this dive, because it is only in twenty feet of water. Three dives later I had the battery out of the water and a few lures as well. I also pulled up a wheel chair and a bike and a hard drive and some sort of locking lever that I have no idea what it does. There is some more stuff there but it is a pain to pull it up the bank and into the truck. The battery was from Montgomery Wards and was bought in 1976. I am taking the bike to the police so they can reunite it with its owner. The wheel chair company can't take the chair back so I might make a cart to haul gear down to the beach in. View attachment 170487View attachment 170488

Did you consider that it could be a crime scene you have disturbed?

Just asking.

Back
Top Bottom