I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really don't like the 10MM. I routinely carry 45ACP so it's not that 10mm is a big round. I don't find it to be a good shooting caliber.

All depends on the gun. Colt Delta Elite, or even a Glock 20, very manageable. At least for me.

One thing with the higher recoil rounds...you'd better have your grip and stance totally in order. From what I've seen over years of instructing, those two fundamentals are almost always the cause of difficult follow-up shots with calibers such as 10mm.

nah, I carried the almighty M16A2.

the gun they issued to folks the states don't really care about . . . Y

ou ever try and climb in or out of an up armored vehicle or out of a electronics shelter carrying a 4ft long metal staff?

towards the end in Baghdad I carried a fullsize ax. . . the threat for abduction was high but they wouldn't allow us to lock and load. so I carried a sharpened ax from my hmmwv's pioneer kit . . . when we went back to Kuwait my CO locked my ax in a connex and I never saw it again. . . she was afraid I would walk around beuhring with an ax slung on my back and freak out the first cav dorks. . .

Of course, this was also during the time I shaved once every 7 days... That really chapped the bde surgeon that a white guy could get a shaving profile... He didn't care it looked like I tried to shave with a chainsaw... :shrug:

The question actually is if you are buying the firearm on behalf of someone else. I have been told, and don't have proof, that it is legal to buy a firearm as a gift for someone as long as you believe they are legal to own it. Buying it because they gave you money to do it would be on their behalf and illegal.

You're probably correct

All depends on the gun. Colt Delta Elite, or even a Glock 20, very manageable. At least for me. One thing with the higher recoil rounds...you'd better have your grip and stance totally in order. From what I've seen over years of instructing, those two fundamentals are almost always the cause of difficult follow-up shots with calibers such as 10mm.

I have described it as "mean spirited" so there maybe something to that. I shot it more recently in a Sig and didn't hate it nearly as much I did in a Glock.

A certain segment of the population would kill for baby soft skin. :idk: :ijs:

Anyone who ever participated in a GUN THREAD on usenet rec.scuba check this box: &#9674;<_

HaHa Trick question, every thread on rec.scuba turned into a gun thread

Reactions: Doc

So, if you purchase a firearm for yourself (and stipulated so on the form) how long must you retain possession before you are able to transfer it to another person, by sale or gift?
That is NOT what the form says or does. ALL the 4473 does it a Federal check to verify that you are legal to possess firearms.

Here is the form, http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf Question 11a is the one you are talking about.

Here it the text and instructions which are printed right on the form for filling it out;

Question 11.a. Actual Transferee/Buyer: For purposes of this form, you arethe actual transferee/buyer if you are purchasing the firearm for yourself orotherwise acquiring the firearm for yourself (e.g., redeeming the firearm frompawn/retrieving it from consignment, firearm raffle winner). You are also theactual transferee/buyer if you are legitimately purchasing the firearm as a gift for a third party. ACTUAL TRANSFEREE/BUYER EXAMPLES: Mr.Smith asks Mr. Jones to purchase a firearm for Mr. Smith. Mr. Smith gives Mr.Jones the money for the firearm. Mr. Jones is NOT THE ACTUAL TRANS-FEREE/BUYER of the firearm and must answer &#8220;NO&#8221; to question 11.a. Thelicensee may not transfer the firearm to Mr. Jones. However, if Mr. Browngoes to buy a firearm with his own money to give to Mr. Black as a present,Mr. Brown is the actual transferee/buyer of the firearm and should answer &#8220;YES&#8221; to question 11.a. However, you may not transfer a firearm to anyperson you know or have reasonable cause to believe is prohibited under 18U.S.C. 922(g), (n), or (x). Please note: EXCEPTION: If you are pickingup a repaired firearm(s) for another person, you are not required to answer11.a. and may proceed to question 11.b.

So it is 100% legal to buy a gun as a gift, I have done it many times. It is 100% legal because I am the actual buyer, what I do after that is my business. Even for sale, if I buy it, walk out the door and someone offers me a price I want, AND I have no reason to believe they are a prohibited person, I can sell it.

What if all the paperwork says I 'own' the firearm but decide to allow my wife or another to 'use' the firearm?

Well the good thing is there is NO paperwork that says that unless you live in a state that has registration (you would know) or you own NFA items (silencers, machine-guns, Short barreled shotguns/rifles, Destructive Devices or AOW). With Title 1 firearms you can loan them to anyone you choose as long as you have no reason to believe they are a prohibited person. With NFA items you are there you can let others use them, but they can not be in actual possession of them without a legal transfer.

Thanks, NWCID. Kind of what I was thinking, but the wording on legal forms gets confusing sometimes and we all know how BATF likes to interpret wording to their advantage.

FWIW, wife's CCW permit is ready to pick up and will be tomorrow.

Thanks, NWCID. Kind of what I was thinking, but the wording on legal forms gets confusing sometimes and we all know how BATF likes to interpret wording to their advantage.

FWIW, wife's CCW permit is ready to pick up and will be tomorrow.

Don't forget that we also have a Federal Attorney General and a President that have taken upon themselves the power to decide which laws they wish to enforce, and even to make up their own rules through Presidential decree.

In the political environment we currently live in, you can be convicted of breaking laws that were not even voted on by Congress, while some real laws are simply not ever enforced.

Back
Top Bottom