Any fossilers wanna show off some photos?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Those rifles are sweet! Lee I don't know if we'll see the bottom of the river much this year. They are predicting an early winter with above average rain fall. This afternoon we got an inch of rain at my house and just a few miles down the road 3 inches. I looked at the Tail Race this afternoon and could only see down about 6 inches. Really muddy! Still hoping we can get a break. Miss not being able to dive the local rivers and finding Fossils and Artifacts. Might have to get back into Hunting and Fishing.

The hunting and fishin sounds good Joe. I did a bit when I was much younger. Quail, rabbit, dove, fresh water fish, and some shrimpin. I have never seen such a wet season. I am planning to use my Waverunner to ease into the Edisto river shallows one day in the future. Summer will be long gone by the time I get it reassembled. I will likely put on my hip waders and run up river to some choice shallows. I can then step off the ski and use my long handle scoop and 1/4" screen for harvesting sharks teeth. If nothing else I can scope out some future shark tooth sites. Its fairly easy to pull and push the ski, around and about in shallow water. Was reading about the new ones. My grand kids are not getting any younger and I am sure they will enjoy the ski just like my son has. They put a governor on the new ones to keep the speed limited to 70mph and below. Frankly, when I get above 55 I am going way plenty fast for this old fart. Glad to see the new ones have a braking system.

This photo triggers LOTS of good memories for me. Hey, check out the scuba flag.

Waverunner_zpse2c3597d.png

Last edited:
Nice looking J-Ski Lee! The Weathermen are saying above avg. rain fall for the rest of the year, not what I wanted to hear. My oldest Grandson is in my pool right now starting his Dive lessons. He is really excited, but I don't know how much diving we'll get in this year. Sure hoping the weather will cooperate sometime before winter gets here. The instructor just told e a friend of his went last weekend and found a 6 inch tooth in the Cooper in pretty good shape, but the Vis was about 1 to 2 feet. So maybe there's hope.

Cecopely's boat is bringing up some pretty good specimens this season. He is posting them on Facebook. I have my grand children on my agenda also. Need em raised right so I can get me yet another generation. I figure before too long I am gonna be saying I am your great grandfather, excuse me while I put this scuba unit on just like old man Jacques Cousteau use to do.

Hi! Lee I know what you mean about Grandchildren. My oldest is going threw certs now and looks like every 2 to 3 years for 4 more kids, I'll have my own Fossil search team. Also going to need a much bigger boat when it's all said and done. Well hope you and Phil are having better luck than I am in finding time to get out and look. This has been one busy year.

My scuba gear is ready to go anytime. I gave my jet ski head to the best automotive machinist in town. When he finishes putting some threads in the #3 spark plug hole I will re-assemble the engine and get the ski ready for the Edisto. I think I am going to be able to hunt up some choice sites with it. Can't wait to ride again. I miss it. I use to run full throttle from Durham Creek to the Dam. It was a good ride. Another of my favorite places to ride is Morris Island. I love it when there are ocean swells and salt spray in my face. Here is a video from many years ago

Edisto River has finally receded to a dive able range!!! Can,t wait to give it a go. Anyone interested?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom