Geezer wrist computer?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suunto Zoop. I have a Gecko (previous model) and have never needed the manual since I bought it. It's also $300. Suunto ZOOP Air / Nitrox Wrist Dive Computer 15964 with reviews at scuba.com

009449_big.jpg

....And BIG, I mean BIG numbers on it? ...
Since I am 50+, I have some vision issues too :depressed:
I have available to me lots of dive computers, but, because of the issue above, for quite some time my primary dive computer was the Galileo Sol (in "Light" mode the indicators are huge).

I said "was" .. because nowadays I use a prototype of something we are working on ... but that is one-of -a-kind (and I still use the Galileo - and other computers - as a back up) :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

For me you can't beat the Mares Icon (non air-integrated model is way cheap). It's color, has big numbers, has the most intuitive display and interface that I've ever encountered.

Another vote for the Petrel. I got a Mares Nemo Wide (with a Puck for a backup) for the big display, but found the low contrast and 7-segment displays hard to read. I couldn't find a computer with a bright, easy to read display, that wasn't a lot more computer than I needed (and cost a lot more than I wanted to pay). Finally got tired of trying to get the light angle just right on the face and squinting trying to figure out what the numbers were saying, so broke down and sprung for the Petrel. Shearwater, while perhaps not the universal choice among tech folk, comes very highly recommended. I love being able to just glance at my wrist and see all the information I need in a readily visible, easily understandable form. And yes, it has the capacity to switch among a variety of gas mixes during a dive, but I've just never activated those other gases so that capacity sits invisible in the background, there if I ever need it, not apparent if I don't. For simple OW dives it's just jump in the water and go.

Zoop, Luna, or petrel all are big numbers and easy to read the petrel is lighted always.
While I like the liquivision products the temp display is tiny.. If that matters to you. It doesn't to me.

Kaon Dive Computer by Liquivision - Dive Gear Express

I have the Kaon and it is great. It is like the Iphone of dive computers. All tap the case no buttons one easy menu list scroll through find what you want tap the side to select and then do what you want. It downloads very easy and the best part is you can read it at any angle and up to 6 feet away. Big color screen

Best money I spent in a long time was for an Rx lenses in my mask. Don't be afraid about how bad your vision is, I'm diving lenses that are +4 with a -3 cylinder. You'd almost have to be blind to not be able to get perfect lenses now days. You'll have to hunt to find the right lens maker, but they are out there, and they are worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom