Difference between Aqualung Legend LUX Supreme & Aqualung Legend LX Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is there any difference between the MK25/A700 and the MK25/S600 other than the finish?

If you are worried enough about diving in dirty/contaminated water to environmentally seal a diaphragm reg you definitely don't want a piston reg like the MK25.

Agree with Fishpie. MK25 is not for that as It has piston o-rings exposed.
If you want a sealed reg from SP it would bean MK17 but in reality the only things that are exposed in an unsealed diaphragms are the main spring, the pad, adjustment screw and the diaphragm, which are really hard to damage. The dry seal helps in th cases when you have the outside temp below 0 so the ice cannot form on the main spring.

I chose the piston regs because of the breathing ease at colder temps. Not all that I'm diving in is muck, but it IS cold. And my Aqualung Titan LX was just not cutting it for those temperatures and those depths. I feel like I have to "tug" the air out. I don't like that

---------- Post added ----------

Also, could anyone tell me if there are any Mares regs that could go toe to toe with these regs?

The hard breathing LX has nothing to do with temp.....sounds like it needs re-tuning.

What a regulator "feels" like to breath from has everything to do with the 2nd stage adjustment as any 1st stage has the ability to deliver at least double (and often many multiples) what the best 2nd stage can deliver.
The LX you have is as good as any other balanced 2nd stage around be it Apeks, Zeagle, Scubapro.....they will feel different to breathe from mainly due to how much boost the venturi gives but actual gas flow ability will be very similar.

It's always nice to have a new toy but don't expect it to be that much different to the old one.

For water colder than 40f there will be very few recommending a piston over a diaphragm....sure they can be fine, but if buying new specifically for cold water go with a diaphragm design.

While my primary dive sites are colder water (mid 40s to lower 50s F), I do dive many warmer sites (70s to 80s F). I suppose that maybe 15% of my diving is "muck" while 60% is cool to mild modertely clear water, and another 25% is tropical and nice water. Most all of them deeper than 60ft. I don't know what causes my Aqualung Titan LX to not perform well in the water, but starting at 40ft it gets a little sketchy and I have to breathe significantly deeper. I think it might be due to the pressures exerted on the diaphragm could be making it harder to breathe from? (I'm not expert on the way regs work, but I am good at identifying possible problems)

I got a PM from someone and they said the Aqualung Legend LX Supreme isn't environmentaly sealed, which is a problem for the murky, high-silt lake diving I do. Not positively sure if that MK25 rig is too, I'll have to look. Thanks for all the help and keep the responses coming in, thanks!

The AL Legend LX and the Legend LX Supreme are both environmentally sealed.

Unless they've changed something, the only difference in the two is cosmetics, the lip guard (removeable), and the intermediate pressure setting from the factory.

The hard breathing LX has nothing to do with temp.....sounds like it needs re-tuning.

agreed.

I also agree it has less to do with temp, but I believe it has more to do with depth. It breathes fine down to 40 ft or so, then gets progressively more difficult. It can't be a tuning issue as I had it overhauled and retuned a few weeks ago as my annual servicing. I believe the depth could be causing the diaphragm to not want to move due to possibly a partial "vacuum" being created by the pressures outside the diaphragm opposing the ones inside the regulator(?)

Sounds like you need a new tech more than a new reg......there is no way a Titan LX should feel "sketchy" below 40' (or even 140').

The Mares 1st stages are going to be the same as the AquaLungs (MR12 and 16 same as the Titans and the MR22/32/42 the same as the Legend) to the extent that the main service parts are even interchangeable.
The Mares 2nd stage is different in it uses (very successfully) a by-pass tube to boost breathing performance without being balanced or needing knobs and levers....keeping everything very simple.

My two favorite 2nd stages are the Scubapro balanced adjustable 156 and G250 and the Mares MR II and III....okay that's 4

---------- Post added ----------

" It can't be a tuning issue as I had it overhauled and retuned a few weeks ago at my annual servicing."

......that probably IS the problem.
There must be hundreds of threads here describing problems after service that weren't there before service.

Just to expand the discussion, how is the Scubapro MK25/A700 for cold water (40F or a bit higher for where I dive)?

I had my MK25/A700 in Lake DeGray at 39F this year. YOu know it gets COLD bellow 70 Ft! Didnt have the first problem other than Im an air hog. I had a D400 octo too and it worked great.

Back
Top Bottom