Dedicated HD DV camcorders vs. GoPro.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MN Lakeman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have to say...GoPros have come a long way. Over the past several months, I've watched many GoPro UW videos, & though color & clarity has improved, I never regret the $2800 I shelled out for my HD Sony & Amphibico rig. Yeah, it's more to lug around in my carry-on. One thing that drives me nuts watching the GoPro footage - no image stabilization - especially noticeable when watched on a big screen high def screen.

Bonaire 2012 HD - YouTube

I wonder how GoPro H2 compares to something like Canon Vixia MXX model HD camcorder with u/w housing. Any comparisons?

I do not know about you... but I HATE image stabilization so much it makes me want to weep. I have been video taping for 4 years on 200 some dives and I still need improvement. Even with a 2 hander tray and shooting 60fps it is hard for me to stabilize my video on drift dives. My biggest arch nemesis is shooting in current. I can normally produce good enough videos in no current situations. But during drift dives.... sigh.

On land steady cam is used in movie production. I wish I had access to something like that under water. Short of diving with a huge tripod no amount of stabilizing seems to work for me.

After Effects plug-in for I.S. (basics built into Premiere) and white balance super easy to fix....

After Effects plug-in for I.S. (basics built into Premiere) and white balance super easy to fix....

How do you fix WB in Premiere Elements? I've tried to figure it out as I used it extensively in Photoshop shooting in raw format yet I failed to find the same setting in Premiere...Do I need to install and extra plug-in for that?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom