Another explicit pee-valve thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why don't you just get a regular catheter and slide it IN your unit!? That's what a REAL hard core diver would do! Then no worries.

Why oh Why does ANYONE use a condon catheter?! As a nurse, I can tell you that they are ALWAYS falling off. We put them on stroke, dementia patients....and they never work.

NASA uses diapers..Why can't divers use them? I would think with the DIR theory that a condom catheter is something that is over engineered for diving when a diaper works just as well, without it being a failure point. No diver has ever given me a good reason why a condom catheter is better than a diaper. Those adult diapers are cheap and they can hold gallons of liquid(urine in this case). Simple, inexpensive, dependable...in face, they're called DEPENDS.

Why don't you just get a regular catheter and slide it IN your unit!? That's what a REAL hard core diver would do! Then no worries.

Except for increasing the risk of nasty infections.

Why oh Why does ANYONE use a condon catheter?! As a nurse, I can tell you that they are ALWAYS falling off. We put them on stroke, dementia patients....and they never work.

It's like anything else. To do a good job, you need to really get into it and "step up to the plate."

You need to make sure there's no hair hanging around, clean the penis (there, I said it!) with alcohol and let it dry completely. If you're in a rush, a hair dryer on low works nicely.

Then just roll the catheter on, and it will happily stay there until you take it off.

Also, make sure the drain tubing isn't kinked. If it is, the urine will expand the catheter and peel it off.

I haven't had a leak in years.

flots.

Is this a joke? Lol have you ever dove a drysuit?

NASA uses diapers..Why can't divers use them?

Some divers use diapers, but most divers that I know prefer overboard discharge. I've had one leak in 5 years of drysuit diving and that was because the catheter discharge tube popped off the catheter (installation error). I've sometimes done 4 or 5 dives a day on the same catheter and never had an issue of the adhesive failing. My biggest issue with Rochester widebands has been getting the damn things off after a day of diving without hurting myself.

NASA uses diapers..Why can't divers use them? I would think with the DIR theory that a condom catheter is something that is over engineered for diving when a diaper works just as well, without it being a failure point. No diver has ever given me a good reason why a condom catheter is better than a diaper. Those adult diapers are cheap and they can hold gallons of liquid(urine in this case). Simple, inexpensive, dependable...in face, they're called DEPENDS.

The answer is very simple. If you are smart enough and able enough to dive and use a dry suit, you should be smart enough to use a condom catheter.

That might not true for dementia and stroke patients, you decide on NASA.

if that astronaut had used a she-p, the world wouldn't think she was quite the laughingstock she became. they'd think she was a bad-ass!

i'm a nurse, too, and adult diapers with fluff will squeeze the pee back out when your suit squeezes. you can use a baby diaper with the beads somewhat successfully, but not for several hours of diving - they'll explode.

and most divers aren't stroke and dementia patients, and i guarantee that if you could put stroke and dementia patients in a drysuit, they'd not be able to get the catheter off! :wink:

Just got my sample pack in today... it actually sort of scares me that there are people out there who need the 41mm ones...

How long did it take to get your sample pack?
I ordered one about a month ago, and still haven't received it.

-Mitch

Mine only took a week....but I'm not in Japan.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom