Roatan December 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got back from Roatan a couple days ago with AAdiver69. We had a great time and it was our first trip to Roatan. We stayed at the REEF HOUSE and enjoyed it very much. We dove 21 times during the week...3 boat dives per day plus a few shore dives. The shore diving of the House Reef is as good as any dive we did off the boat. We dove all different sites from the boat, the only site we repeated was the House Reef. We also took a trip to the Waihuka Adventure Diving Center to do a shark dive...best shark dive I've been on...they let you swim amongst the sharks before they feed them.

The food was Excellent and all home made...no buffets or camp food. The resort is small and quaint, nice clean rooms, friendly staff and a DM who has X-ray vision and will find anything and everything! My only regret is that I would have liked to see the West End beaches, shopping, nightlife once and based on the REEF HOUSE location on its own island...the transportation is complicated. You have to take a boat to get to the main island and then its almost an hour drive to the airport and so the West End is even further beyond the airport. Never saw any part of the island past Coxen Hole. It sounds like if you want to see the West End you must stay over there. The diving on the South and East side of Roatan is spectacular and appeared less traveled = more pristine reef structure throughout that area.

The REEF HOUSE staff took care of any special requests and made our vacation relaxing. It is the perfect place if you want to DIVE, DIVE, DIVE. I would compare it to a live aboard dive vacation without the confines of a boat...where all your needs are taken care of, the food is excellent, and all you have to worry about is how many dives you want to do in a day. Its nothing fancy if you're into that kind of thing and you will not have a waiter bring you an umbrella drink.

All in all it was a great dive vacation minus the hundreds of sand flea bites i have now.

Reactions: Doc
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom