VR and Hollis Team Up With Explorer Recreational Rebreather!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

57Writer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I received the official word from Kevin Gurr: VR technology and Hollis will unveil a joint project at DEMA:

The Explorer sport rebreather will make its début at DEMA on November 2, 2011 at the Hollis Booth # 1747 and boasts technology never before seen on any underwater apparatus.

The unit is neither a fully closed circuit rebreather nor a pure semi-closed system, but an intelligent hybrid that utilizes the best of both worlds. It’s compact, lightweight and extremely easy to use. The Explorer is unique in using a single gas; Nitrox, and is electronically controlled to achieve an optimal balance of PPO2 and dive time. Plug and Play absorbent cartridges, easy guided setup with “go or no go” mechanism that insures a cartridge is fitted, CO2 tracking, and 2 hour design duration make this a dream for any recreational diver. The Explorer diver will benefit from breathing warm gas, have lots of bottom time, and since it does not produce any invasive bubbles, see more sea life than ever before. Yes, this ESCR (Electronic Semi-Closed Rebreather) is designed to meet the PADI Type R requirement.

The Explorer is diveable right "out of the box!"

More details at Rebreather Pro

explorer.jpg

Standard new RB questions:

How much?

When will it ship?

How does it monitor CO2?

I'm sure the details of delivery dates and price will be revealed at DEMA but maybe we can get some hints about the technology and approach behind the CO2 monitoring.

We won't know much more until DEMA. We'll shoot some video and try to interview Kevin Gurr.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom