Curacao in 29 days!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT Sean

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all.

Took advantage on the Curacao NOW special back in April and booked a 5 night trip which is now a mere 29 days away!

We (wife and I) will be staying at the Kura Hulanda Lodge in Westpunt. At least at the moment we don't have plans to rent a truck - figure save a bit on money for food and being newer divers we will have PLENTY to entertain us at Playa Kalki. Plus the package includes 2 days of boat diving with OEW so think we'll be good.

We definitely plan to eat at Sol Food - probably twice (Their menu very much agrees with my wife's dietary interests)

I don't really have any questions but anybody feel free to share whatever you'd like to share. Can't wait to be there!

I had all our gear laid out on the floor and packed our dive bags today, the wife and I leave on Friday for TWO WEEKS.:D

Curacao is a wonderful island. There is a lot to see, do and of course eat.... An OEW affiliate also rents trucks (and cars) at the Lodge so you'll have an option if you change your mind. If you decide not to rent a car but need a ride ask me for a name when you stop by or come in for dinner. Sea you in a few weeks!

Man, I have to wait until the 15th to fly out. I am going to be taking my chances at the Breezes, figured the family might want to do something while I dive....

I am so jealous of you. My Curacao trip is not until Jan. While I do not have my bags packed, I have been looking at wet suits(my plan is to pack 2 so I can alternate and always have a dry one)and debating between a one or a two piece..

You will love the food and atmosphere at Sol Food. On their days off, try Landhaus Misje. When dinning there, I noticed some beautiful wall mosaic art on their patio. I found out that it was available for purchase at a very reasonable price. I love looking at my blue angel fish in my living room. This Jan. I plan on getting a few more pieces :) Enjoy your vacation and don't miss out on Sunshine's mint brownies!

Curacao is a wonderful island. There is a lot to see, do and of course eat.... An OEW affiliate also rents trucks (and cars) at the Lodge so you'll have an option if you change your mind. If you decide not to rent a car but need a ride ask me for a name when you stop by or come in for dinner. Sea you in a few weeks!

Thanks for the offer - we figured we'd play it by ear - if we find we want to travel we'll just rent a car at the Lodge - I don't want to impose on anyone, and with only 5 nights I have a feeling we'll have nowhere near enough time vs too much but I can only leave the kids with Grandma for so long :D

Well, I am not sure whether or not we will make it after all. This was to be a trip for my younger son and I to work on photography projects.

It turns out he broke a bone in his wrist a while back and they have immobilized his left arm with a cast from his thumb to his shoulder. He gets a waterproof cast just before we are set to leave.

I am not sure how that will all work out. Right now he is all set and raring to go.

We will talk about it some more to see how he feels about the undertaking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom