SeaLife Mini II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info! Keep me posted on the ny pics when you get some

Hello NJ Mark,

if you want to come by our offices, we can take a look at the camera for you, perhaps there is a focusing issue happening with it.

We are at:
97 Foster Road, Unit 5
Moorestown, NJ
856 866-9191

You can ask for either myself or Karl. If you have some recent spics on a memory card, it would be useful as well.

Joe

Here's a few more recent pics with the SeaLife Mini II in the Virgin Islands. I'm scheduled to dive the San Diego off Long Island this weekend so we'll see how it does in a whole new environment.

Attachments

• PICT0015.jpg
    PICT0015.jpg
    379 KB · Views: 189
  • PICT0013.jpg
    PICT0013.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 186
  • PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 169
Hi Mark,

You mentioned that you're new to wet photography, what's your experience level with dry land photography? In particular, with point and shoot cameras?

I've not used your camera, but I do have DC1200. One thing I notice with it is that the focus is slow, very, very slow.

I'm used to a DSLR with a very fast focus, and everytime I use the DC1200 I have to remind myself of it's limitations - focus speed being high on the list.

Might you be firing the shutter before the camera has a chance to focus?

coop

The mini doesn't have an auto focus. I've gotten better at taking pics. The trick is to be perfectly still. I have alot of experience on land but uw is another world.

Plus nj conditions aren't the best for photographs

Ok, I didn't realize that it was fixed focus. Sounds like a trip to Sea Life is in order.

Back
Top Bottom