SeaLife Mini II

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read the manual. There is no sea mode. Only dive, snorkel, and land.

I read the manual. There is no sea mode. Only dive, snorkel, and land.
Ok sorry, wrong word: Use dive mode and flash.

Okay thank you I will try that next time. and you said I should put the white balance on auto?

Okay thank you I will try that next time. and you said I should put the white balance on auto?
For now yeah. Let the camera show you what it can do on auto settings as you learn how to dive, shoot, and computer edit.

Why about poor Viz and sediment? Up here in nj the Viz is never really good.

Why about poor Viz and sediment? Up here in nj the Viz is never really good.
I shot Puget Sound on Sea mode with flash on my DC310, then later pulled the pics out on a free Adobe photo program. I wish I had had Irfanview then.

You can shoot without flash then work on them with computer like I did with yours, but it's better to have more lighting.

After tlking to a few members. There seems to be an issue with these cameras taking fuzzy and not sharp pictures. Anyone from sealife wanna chime in?

I re read my manual tonight and messed with the cam. I cannot adjust the white balance, that is not an option.

I'm going to have to yield to those who have used this camera. You may need to post on the Sealife manufacturer's forum, this being the owners' forum.

Hello Mark,

First the key thing with the Mini II is to be minful of the distance you are away from your subject and what setting you have the lens set at. Witht he focus lever set to Landscape, the camera will be in focus from 4ft to infinity. With it set to close-up, it will focus between 2-4ft.

As for the color on the shots it would be best if you could send me some pics so I can dig into the data on the image to check tthe settings.

I think you have been by our offices before, am I right? If so, we can set a time for you to come in and I can run you thriough the camera if you'd like.

As for all the comments about a light/strobe, most definitely this would help as it woudl help the camera by allowing a higher shutter speed to stop any motion blur as well as bringing in more color to our lovely Jersey water!

Cheers,
Joe

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom