Diver Accident 4/17/2011 Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My thoughts are with Kristina and her family...

I dove with her several times -- she was actually the first dive buddy I found on SB. Just as everyone else has said, she was always loads of fun and super safety conscious. I hope she pulls through...

I'll take my statement back and shove it.
I dove with Kristina (pacificgal) many many times.
She is quite experienced diver.
She is in intensive care.
my prayers with her.

My thoughts and prayers for her and her family.

Dan, we all know that you did everything you could for her. Take care of yourself; incidents like this have a way of preying on the mind.

Dan, we all know that you did everything you could for her. Take care of yourself; incidents like this have a way of preying on the mind.

Their actions are what gave her a fighting chance at life

pacificgal was one of the first to welcome me to this board as a new diver. I am saddened read of her accident. I hope she has a full and speedy recovery.

I know several of you have dove with her and built personal friendships with her. So I know this must be hard for you. Those of you who were on the dive and were part of her rescue must be rerunning the scenario through you heads over and over again. I feel for you and I feel for pacificgal. We all know how how dangerous SCUBA is and make the chose knowing the risks. Not that knowing the risks makes this any better. I have know a lot of people who are spending their lives going through the motions of life but not really living. When I am diving I feel as if I am truly alive and that is worth the risk for me. I know pacificgal has spent hundreds of days out there diving and I am glad that she has had all of those wonderful experiences. I hope she has many more.

Dan-Thanks for the update. We all know you guys did a great job getting her to safety..she was fortunate in that regard. I hope you are doing OK.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help in any way?

I hope and pray she can pull through.

Regards,
Drew

I don't know the diver in question, but the fact that some here do makes this feel much more personal, and makes me feel much more vulnerable. It's too easy to get taken up with the magical spirituality of diving and pay too little attention to how truly dangerous it remains, even for those with experience and responsible habits. I hope Kristina manages to get out of this one as she did the last, somehow. My thoughts and support go to her, her family, and those of you who are part of this horrific experience.

I hope to keep with me this lesson she has paid so dearly to offer.

I just got back home from the hospital and the prognosis is not good at all. I talked to the doctors and to some of her family and it appears that it was a medical issue at depth. We simply don't know what it was at this time, but she likely bolted because of that.

She was my dive buddy at the time and I followed her to the surface.

Please pray for her.

Like the others have said, thanks for the update, Dan. I pray that she makes a full recovery.

Back
Top Bottom