Sanctum - dive movie REVIEW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went and saw it with my dad last night. And it was a good plot for never giving up. But I do see why it was rated R. I was a little freaked out by it though. Especially with the father and son scene at the end of the movie. But I know that it has totally been as I would say, "hollywoodized"

So Who is the true story about?

I liked the dive scenes at the beginning the best, the rest of the caving thing while the plot went to the end was predictable.

I am not going to say anymore so I don't give away the plot.

Were those full face masks they were wearing real equipment or something made up for the movies? And the coms, they were full duplex without a "push to talk" (PTT) feature. All the coms I've seen are single channel PTT.

I've got vox comms, but we usually turn the vox off and use the PTT .. keeps the expletives off the air and conserves battery.

Reactions: Jax
There's no danger of giving the plot away, because anyone who has seen many movies will know from the first five minutes what will happen and who will die.

Saw it Sunday. The short version of what I posted in another thread is:

You know all those expedition gone bad movies with the hard as nails, cold, respected but unloved leader who dies nobly, the leader's vaguely other nationality right hand man who, of course, dies, the wealthy sponsor who is a smartass ******* who turns coward and leaves the others to die and who then dies himself, and the usual standard crew of silly girlfriends and helpers (who all, of course, die)? Well, this is another one. From the first moment you learned that the leader's son disliked his father, if you didn't know there would come the heartwarming moment of renewed love between them, you haven't see enough formula movies.

Not fun. Not interesting. Should have, as one reviewer said, just gone diving instead and waited for the DVD. (The trailer for Cowboys and Aliens was good, though. How do you resist that premise?)

I thought it was awful- lots of death with very little redeeming value. It they were going to "Hollywood-ize" the story the least they could have done was made a better hero story or a love story or something other than death... :(

d.b.

I charitably thought, "Oh well. How much of a good plot can you expect when you set out to make a dramatic film about cave diving?" But then I think about Le Grand Bleu/The Big Blue and reflect that one might well imagine they began by setting out to make a dramatic film about free diving and produced a fine film.

I saw this movie over a month ago and thought it was awful. Into The Blue is the Greatest Movie of all time compared to this one IMO. I was surprised more effort wasn't put into it.

Didn't watch the movie yet, but after watching the trailer I'll probably skip this one. I especially loved the part where this guy used his pony tank with no reg. Kids, don't do that at home!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom