Woohoo!!! Getting close!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We are off to Cuba in less than 3 weeks for a two week stay so my husband can get certified. Me? I'm just gonna do two dives in the morning and lie on the beach all afternoon. And eat all night.

I agree about the planning being a big part of the fun. I am already communicating with our LDS to get them to confirm either Roatan or Utila for our February trip. My sister says I'm spoiled. Haven't even left for Cuba yet and I'm already planning our February trip. Can't decide which would be better so I'm keeping an open mind. Whatever we do this winter; we can do the other one next winter. Boy life sure is tough. :D

I'm not spoiled. We're just DINKs. (Double income no kids)

We're also planning a trip to the Phillipines during our Hong Kong trip in January 2012 but hubby got nervous today with that bus hijacking and people geting killed. Will have to go over to the other forum to see what's been said.

Betty

I don't blame you for planning your February vacation now. Just the THOUGHT of February in Toronto give me chills :cool2:

Thanks all. I will definitely report back

Planning early usually pays off with savings on airfare and the ever changing baggage fees. now airlines are considering carry-on fees in the future so we have already booked for our trip to CCV in may.

Are you serious :confused: I can't believe they would charge for carry-ons :(
I swear it is so worthwhile signing up for the frequent flyer programs with the various airlines. You get all kinds of perks. We are allowed two bags up to 50 lbs. at no charge. Without that benefit dive trips would be much more difficult...and EXPENSIVE :shakehead:

Just called the airlines today (Sunwing) and confirmed our dive bag is free. But it must be less than 20kg or we get charged $20 for every kilo over. :shocked2: Now to figure out how to weigh it.

That helps since our luggage for two week is two suitcases. Not for clothes but mostly for gifts for the staff. :D

Betty

Had a great trip, only did 9 dives and 1 night dive. I hate the cattle boats so I always look for a smaller shop to dive with. I HIGHLY recommend Octopus Dive school, Kent and Eva were great!
Dove Fish Den, Texas, Butchers Bay, Odyssey, El Aguila, Spooky,,,,,,

Have a good time!

Thanks! Leaving Saturday morning ! Starting to pack some stuff. I'm sure we'll have an awesome time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom