You cannot find better camera and gear insurance than this...!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checking with a state farm agent now...she's not familiar with scuba gear but she "did snorkel once". I am thinking I will not be getting a call back for 3 days.

Two claims in a year? I will be curious to know your rates when you renew next year...if they let you renew that is.

That is a really good rate for gear that is covered during use! I haven't been able to find a policy in Canada, for a decent rate, that covers my gear during use. My stuff is all covered for theft/damage anywhere in the world except when I am diving.

May have to check state farm out though!

Even after the two claims, I did not have any problems renewing the policy. I just did that last week. The price was actually $2 less than when I first started with them. The BIG difference I see from the other types of policies is the fact that this policy covers ALL aspects of the trip or anything that would happen at home. At present, I am only covering my camera gear. I always carry on my regs and dive computer. I hope you are able to get coverage for yourself.

Checking with a state farm agent now...she's not familiar with scuba gear but she "did snorkel once". I am thinking I will not be getting a call back for 3 days.
You might tell her that it simply goes under "Sports Equipment," at least on US policies.

I cover my dive computers and BC, and my last claim was for a dive computer that flooded after I changed the battery (no problem, check mailed). I had a BC bladder puncture once, that was not covered. :(

Well she left a message that it would be covered during use for accidents and loss. I am impressed! Thanks for the tip Don.

As for your puncture - how did it happen? Misuse is one thing but if it was due to impact with an object it should be covered. Had a fellow diver claim for a camera that was run over by a 'car'. I won't deny or affirm that the car was his own... :wink:

Going to work out the details tomorrow and see what kind of deal I would get if I bring over my other lines of business when they come up for renewal.

Well she left a message that it would be covered during use for accidents and loss. I am impressed! Thanks for the tip Don.
Sounds like it went as it should have. I think you'll like the price as well as the terms and eventually the experiences.
As for your puncture - how did it happen? Misuse is one thing but if it was due to impact with an object it should be covered. Had a fellow diver claim for a camera that was run over by a 'car'. I won't deny or affirm that the car was his own... :wink:
Haha, it's tempting to flood a camera and use the check to upgrade but I'm too honest. The puncture was uninsured. Oceanic replaced it with the newest model for $300, and it's insured for msrp now.
Going to work out the details tomorrow and see what kind of deal I would get if I bring over my other lines of business when they come up for renewal.
You know, I kinda like having this separate, different company than I use for other policies. Just get this maybe, and think about it. :idk:

You can add all sorts of personal property. I added my dentures today. :D I just log onto the site, review my items and values, send an email to my agent requesting changes, deletions, and additions. I also lowered the value on a couple of things.

I know this thread is a couple of months old...but as an update. I was told today by my State Farm agent, that the Personal Articles Policy NOW only covers jewelry...I am not sure if that is just here in Florida. I know the State Farm website lists cameras and other articles. I am going to send them an email and ask if this "jewelry only" clause is specific to Florida.

I know this thread is a couple of months old...but as an update. I was told today by my State Farm agent, that the Personal Articles Policy NOW only covers jewelry...I am not sure if that is just here in Florida. I know the State Farm website lists cameras and other articles. I am going to send them an email and ask if this "jewelry only" clause is specific to Florida.
Thanks, maybe I should close this thread? Here in Texas, they now write PAP policies for clients with homeowners insurance now. Why not just list the items on a schedule property rider? Sigh, it was good while it lasted. At least they have not canceled mine yet.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Thread closed by request of the OP...

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom