Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i'm not really into formulas :D i start at f11 or f16. then for shutter speed work my way up (quickly hahaha) by 5-10 second increments depending on the ambient light. :)

my friends use calculators though. i'd have to ask them.

No prob. :) Do you find yourself using the 106 or the 110 more often? I think at this point, I'm only up for getting 1. If my calculations are right, the 10 stop deal would take a 1/100" shot and allow me to shoot at 10". Seems like the ND110 would be the best choice for what I want to do (long exposures during the daylight). I hate having pesky people in my city shots. :)

Not to turn this into a technical thread but do you find yourself using a graduated grey filter ever? I purchased one at the same time as I purchased a circular polarized filter and a ND filter and found it to be a great filter where the bright skyline was involved.

Not to turn this into a technical thread but do you find yourself using a graduated grey filter ever? I purchased one at the same time as I purchased a circular polarized filter and a ND filter and found it to be a great filter where the bright skyline was involved.

I use a 2 stop GND filter for anything with a sunset. I usually end up having to add an additional 1/2 - 1 stop in post, too - I really should get a 3 stop GND.

I few examples (I've probably posted most of these before)

I have a HiTech filter for the Cokin P-series. I really think for a GND you need a square filter that can be adjusted up and down.

I have a HiTech filter for the Cokin P-series. I really think for a GND you need a square filter that can be adjusted up and down.

That shot is absolutely incredible. My GND filter is square and can be adjusted and my filter holder also spins so I have found use for having the GND on an angle. It works for this.....what is the word for less than amateur :D?. I believe all my filters are COKIN but I would have to check.

That shot is absolutely incredible. My GND filter is square and can be adjusted and my filter holder also spins so I have found use for having the GND on an angle. It works for this.....what is the word for less than amateur :D?. I believe all my filters are COKIN but I would have to check.

Thanks! That's the only shot I've ever made money from. It proved to me that the quality of the output is directly proportional to the amount of effort put into making it. I got up at 4:30AM on vacation on Lake Winnipesauke, NH for that one.

I love sunrise shots. Too bad I'm so lazy and can't get my butt out of bed very often.

I agree, Soggy, that is one gorgeous shot, you should be proud!

No prob. :) Do you find yourself using the 106 or the 110 more often? I think at this point, I'm only up for getting 1. If my calculations are right, the 10 stop deal would take a 1/100" shot and allow me to shoot at 10". Seems like the ND110 would be the best choice for what I want to do (long exposures during the daylight). I hate having pesky people in my city shots. :)

personally i use the 106 more than the 110. yup the 110 would be perfect or you. you'll surely eliminate pesky people :rofl3:

I use a 2 stop GND filter for anything with a sunset. I usually end up having to add an additional 1/2 - 1 stop in post, too - I really should get a 3 stop GND.

+1 on this. i also use a .9 soft edge gnd. Camera Filters: ND Grad Filter : Buy ND Grad Filters online

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom