Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have so much to learn. I do not have a clue what a GND filter is.

Anyway, this past Sunday I went on my 1st ever photo walk with a group of Jamaican photographers I linked up with on flickr. It was a lot of fun. It was just great to be with people that share this passion.
A couple young ladies that was with us were nice enough to do some modeling for us, so for me that was eye opening. My first experience with anything like this.
Here are a couple of the shots I took. The back story behind the second: after moving from the water, we started taking shots of her on a bridge. A truck came up and we stopped it (and the traffic behind) and proceeded to take shot with it. That was pretty exciting. The truck driver didn't seem to mind.
I'm trying to work on my composition, etc. No cropping were done to these photos.
Your C&C would be welcomed.

4324197122_8bd12bc96e.jpg

4323452306_0ab49e1a2c.jpg

Oh, some of you would be happy to know that Jamdiver was on the trip as well. As we suspected he has been very busy with school & work, but promises to drop in on the group soon. My first time actually meeting him in person. Nice guy. Thats him below.

1stFlickrPhotoTrip_20100131_0004.jpg

GND = Graduated Neutral Density filter......it fades from grey to clear allowing for the photographer to compensate for a bright sky for example.

This is not necessrily the best photo but I used my GND on this photo with my swivel holder and tilted it somewhat to the right to capture more of the sky and less of the land.

GND = Graduated Neutral Density filter......it fades from grey to clear allowing for the photographer to compensate for a bright sky for example.

Oh, I can certainly see where that could help especially when you have to take photos when lighting quality is not at its best due to the time of the day.
Thanks.

I have so much to learn. I do not have a clue what a GND filter is.

Anyway, this past Sunday I went on my 1st ever photo walk with a group of Jamaican photographers I linked up with on flickr. It was a lot of fun. It was just great to be with people that share this passion.
A couple young ladies that was with us were nice enough to do some modeling for us, so for me that was eye opening. My first experience with anything like this.
Here are a couple of the shots I took. The back story behind the second: after moving from the water, we started taking shots of her on a bridge. A truck came up and we stopped it (and the traffic behind) and proceeded to take shot with it. That was pretty exciting. The truck driver didn't seem to mind.
I'm trying to work on my composition, etc. No cropping were done to these photos.
Your C&C would be welcomed.

4324197122_8bd12bc96e.jpg

4323452306_0ab49e1a2c.jpg

awesome portraits marc!
some of you would be happy to know that Jamdiver was on the trip as well. As we suspected he has been very busy with school & work, but promises to drop in on the group soon. My first time actually meeting him in person. Nice guy. Thats him below.

1stFlickrPhotoTrip_20100131_0004.jpg

he's alive! please send my regards to jam on behalf of the ppd & the ORC :rofl3:

I was looking through my snaps from India and I thought a few were worth sharing.

I am very impressed with my new D300. I thought the 18-200 would be a problem but apart from the slightly stiff zoom control I am very impressed with the quality.

The first is not cropped, the second is
DSC_0721.jpg

InsectCropped.jpg

They repair and recycle everything
DSC_0700.jpg

Happyness is a new pink bicyle
DSC_0635.jpg

The backwaters of Kerala were beautiful
DSC_0586.jpg

The school bus Kerala style
SchoolbusKerelabackwaters.jpg

How they don't sink I will never know
DSC_0741.jpg

After the rice harvest they rent the ground to the duck farmers to tidy up any that they missed.
DuckFarming.jpg

So how are you liking the new camera Marc? Looks like you are getting the hang of it.

Ok, an image to keep us going.

4315306972_9d364e4592.jpg

So how are you liking the new camera Marc? Looks like you are getting the hang of it.

Loving it, loving it, lov... you get the idea. :D
Remember, this is my first dslr (or slr), so I really have nothing to compare it to, but it is a total pleasure to use and I keep discovering something new almost everyday. It is really encouraging me to just get out there & shoot.
Not to mention how natural it feels in my hands.

Back
Top Bottom