Member's Photo Gallery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's the thing Victor. In anticipation of getting it, I found the manual online and read it several times, but it litterally flew out of my head the moment I took it out of the box. I just sat there staring blankly at it. lol

Anyway after doing a bit of reading, I finally got around to taking a few shots in my sis' home.
This is my first attempt with a couple of wooden figures that originally came from South Africa. I located them near a window & took a couple of shots with the 105mm. However, due to a overcast day, I thought the pics came out quite flat, so I decided to try HDR to see if it would be an improvement in this situation. Something I never attempted before. Didn't even know photoshop could do it until the night before (it seems everone uses another popular program, photomatrix I think). Below is the result.

Statute.jpg

Used the bracket freature with 3 exposures. Did minor adjustment during conversion to the gamma & saturation.
No cropping.
Comments welcomed.

is this hdr? wow! i'm not really a fan of hdr but this one i like, hdr without looking funny. love the simplicity of the background makes the subject really pop out. :)

ah you'll love it bro. i'm thinking of your boston cityscapes with cloud movement :D

Yeah, I also want an intervalometer to do some timelapse work, but I just don't think I have the time these days to stand in the woods for 4 hours to get 1 minute of footage. Which ND filter have you been using? I'm having a hard time finding them.

Yeah, I also want an intervalometer to do some timelapse work, but I just don't think I have the time these days to stand in the woods for 4 hours to get 1 minute of footage. Which ND filter have you been using? I'm having a hard time finding them.

B+W ND106 (6stop) <--- very hard to find
B+W ND110 (10stop)<--- perfect for daytime long exposures

a friend had this on stock but i don't know if they ship to the US. here's his site http://filtersxchange.multiply.com/

B+W ND106 (6stop) <--- very hard to find
B+W ND110 (10stop)<--- perfect for daytime long exposures

a friend had this on stock but i don't know if they ship to the US. here's his site http://filtersxchange.multiply.com/

To get the right shutter speed, it's
s * (2^-6)
s * (2^-10)

where s is shutter speed without the filter. Right?

First dive of the year two week ago in Barra de Navidad, México, also my first picture with my G11 :D

Now saving for my strobes!

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    297.5 KB · Views: 56
Nice shot Damage.

Damage
For a first shot, fantastic.
I can't wait to see some more.

To get the right shutter speed, it's
s * (2^-6)
s * (2^-10)

where s is shutter speed without the filter. Right?

i'm not really into formulas :D i start at f11 or f16. then for shutter speed work my way up (quickly hahaha) by 5-10 second increments depending on the ambient light. :)

my friends use calculators though. i'd have to ask them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom