Dry spell? What are you doing to keep your passion for diving when you can't dive?

Dry spell? What are you doing to to keep your dive passion alive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There is CEGEP de vieux Montreal that i believe has somewhat salted water because i felt that the water was lighter to be in.. and is 10 feet. At least it did not smell like tone of chlorine. You can go every Thursday night at 9:30 just show up and pay 15$ with your c-card. I should be going next week if my ear infection gets better.

The olympic stadium has the 50 foot pool, but dont believe it is salted.. Never been to that one. I should be going on Feb 21 if I can get someone to come with me. If your interested let me know i got an invite through Plongee CPAS.

I don't think that pool is salted (la piscine du CEGEP du vieux), I was there yesterday to let my friend try my drysuit and it smelled/tasted like good old chlorinated pool water. It can also be a bit crowded (throw in a few OW pool sessions, some refreshes, a bunch of people doing a discover scuba kind of thing in the pool and you got a very crowded pool). It would have been fun to go back to the OS pool but I'm not in Mtl that w-e.

I don't think that pool is salted (la piscine du CEGEP du vieux), I was there yesterday to let my friend try my drysuit and it smelled/tasted like good old chlorinated pool water. It can also be a bit crowded (throw in a few OW pool sessions, some refreshes, a bunch of people doing a discover scuba kind of thing in the pool and you got a very crowded pool). It would have been fun to go back to the OS pool but I'm not in Mtl that w-e.

For whetever reason I dont think that pool has as much chlorine as other pools i have been to. I could just slowly be going crazy lol. :rofl3: But i know what u mean about getting crowded i thought as much when i was last there. A place that does not got crowded, at least when I went was College Rosemont. When i went there was max 6 people which i found good.

Ugh. It's only January and winter feels like it has gone on forever. Can't wait until May.

I dive year round but I "expand" my interest in diving by reading. Not so much the newer stuff but rather older books. I have learned a lot about the history equipment and personalities of the sport/pastime that way. For example, that rebreather technology was well established before SCUBA came along; I would have thought it the other way around. There were more people involved in the development of SCUBA than just JYC. You can make a weightbelt buckle out of a door hinge... who knew?

I'd like to know where you get your books. I try to read as much as I can (often feels like not enough though). Sounds like a decent treasure trove of knowledge, do you find them at book exchanges or antique malls?

I'm thinking of hitting up Vancouver island in may. First dive trip out to the island sounds like a good way to start diving again after a long winter haha. Anything spectacular yet relatively cheap you could recommend?

Saltwater fish tanks. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom