Diving in Tenerife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KOMPRESSOR:
Looking at Wrecknreef's DM-course. Any experienced divers who could give some input on these guys? Who are they? Language?? References, complaints???

Hi. I did my openwater with these guys back in Feb 2002 and was that impressed with them I went back to do my advanced in Aug 2002. I went back in June of this year and did a Multylevel cource with them. I would deffinatley recomend them to anyone.
If your diong any diving in Tenerife make sure you dive Roncadores Del Faro.
I tend to take my Drysuit as water temp can be a bit chilly out there.

try with us... :D

we are based in RADAZUL.. very near to SANTA CRUZ, and dive in Gigantes, Galletas, Cristianos, North side and the amaizing ANAGA (roques, westburn wreckship, etc)

you can see more information in this page
(hotel, transfers, ... , abound)

EXAMPLE 1: OCTOBER
7 nights in Double Room with breakfast and dinner.
5 dives (tank, weight, transfer, boat , divemaster).
free bus hotel- dive shop - hotel
319 € each (minim. 2 persons)
(Hotel catalonia Punta del Rey ****)
you can read more in http://www.subcanaria.com/oferta_central.htm

http://www.subcanaria.com (principal page) and read the english version..

woudn't advise you put a deposit down anywhere
all dive centers in tenerife are struggling

I thought I'd post again on this thread after returning from holiday in Tenerife. I once again chose to dive with Tenerife Dive. Yvonne and David were great hosts, very helpful and flexible. It says something that most all of the links contained in this thread are dead as the operators are out of business or at least offline. Tenerife Dive is still there and will not disappoint! No cattle boats and a highly satisfying and personalized diving experience not to mention they are the most fully qualified and equipped operator (the best air / nitrox in the islands) that I've come across anywhere... If I would ever consider becoming an instructor, I would not hesitate training here.

Tenerife Dive

Last edited:
Hi,
We are freelance Instructors living her in Tenerife; we can take you diving or offer any courses you may want or give unbiased recommendations of the Dive Centres here. Yes there are many centres up for sale due to the recession, but most are still working. The diving here is very good, all round as the water does not normally go below 19C!
Have a look at our web site!
Richard & Theresa

Hi,
We are freelance Instructors living her in Tenerife; we can take you diving or offer any courses you may want or give unbiased recommendations of the Dive Centres here. Yes there are many centres up for sale due to the recession, but most are still working. The diving here is very good, all round as the water does not normally go below 19C!
Have a look at our web site!
Richard & Theresa

How are conditions right now? I'm looking into making a trip either to Tenerife, Lanzarote or Fuerteventura in a couple of weeks. It's -30C outside here now...

It was up to 22C today, lots of sunshine with a breeze from the south. We were diving two day ago and the water temperature was 21C, viz only about 25m! We can get rain this time of year but it is normally localised. As this is winter the water temp will drop over the next couple of months but my wife is still wearing a shortie, I've wimped out and am in a full suit.

Back
Top Bottom