Roatan Recomendation for a Shark Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Epadilla

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi guys

I'm going to be in Roatan for the next couple of weeks and really want to do a Shark Dive, can anyone that has done it recommend me a good shop to do it with.

Thanks

I did it when I stayed at Anthony's Key Resort. Although it was booked through Anthony's they use some other operation but don't recall the name.

I think it's one operator that holds a monopoly on the shark dive excursions? And a baited "shark show" so ... Seeing trained shark performers, not really sharks doing shark things. Please edumacate me if I heard wrong.

I think it's one operator that holds a monopoly on the shark dive excursions? And a baited "shark show" so ... Seeing trained shark performers, not really sharks doing shark things. Please edumacate me if I heard wrong.
I think that is pretty spot on. Anthony's Key bused us over (water was rough) to the other side of the island and the other operation handled everything. I will say the operation is good and really organized but the sharks are there knowing they will get fed.

Do they have monopoly on the shark dive? I was on the Aggressor liveaboard and we did 2 shark dives during the week without any other party involved.

I do remember when I was in Anthony's Key, they offered the option to do shark dive instead of the std boat dive. Being that one would lose a dive, I did not take it.

I just came back from my trip to Roatan, and writing this just in case someone needs the info in the future.

Just as @OMyMyOHellYes said the shark dives are a Monopoly, you can book it with them directly or throught any other diveshop but in the end the operator is gonna be the same.

It is in fact a feed dive, but if you haven't had the chance or cannot for any reason to see sharks in the wild, it's well worth it in my opinion. That being said it's not something I will be doing again, I rather see sharks in the wild doing their thing. I just wanted to see one since until now i've been diving in places with no sharks arround.

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom