siltout?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Even with procedures and proper training that has got to be a scary proposition the first time someone encounters it.

and the second... and the third...

I've explored a side passage or two that made the feel of my reel in my right hand one of the most comforting feelings I've ever known.

Reel along with seeing my HUD, the only things that keep you sane.....

I haven't done near the amount of cave dives on my Meg as I have on OC yet, so I've yet to have that experience. I'd have to think knowing that I have enough gas to wait for things to settle a bit would be comforting as well.

I haven't done near the amount of cave dives on my Meg as I have on OC yet, so I've yet to have that experience. I'd have to think knowing that I have enough gas to wait for things to settle a bit would be comforting as well.

Having the Meg, or CCR was/is a comfort. However, even after two days the same tunnel was almost as cruddy as the first day we had our silt outs. Very little movement of water in the system. In the end - not worth the effort. Oh well, someone's gotta' do it! :D

X

could you tell us about that experience? Have spent a lot of time in JB I would love to hear the details. How long ago did this happen? How far back was the breakdown? How long did it take for it to clear out? Thanks

The worst I have seen was in your backyard. There was a collapse in JB,and the whole thing was blown all the way to the cavern.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reel along with seeing my HUD, the only things that keep you sane.....

I was wondering if alot of cave divers use a HUD simply for the the reason above? I would think seeing that would make you feel a little better in a complete silt out no?

I was wondering if alot of cave divers use a HUD simply for the the reason above? I would think seeing that would make you feel a little better in a complete silt out no?

I believe that Meng_Tze was referring to his rebreather's HUD not the datamask HUD, but I could be wrong.

Here is an example of a HUD installed on the breathing loop.

hddsml.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom