Clear Springs attractions, mythical coffin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That coffin handle leaning on the coffin in Cruiser's photo looks really familiar to me.
( actually it's a vault not a coffin. )

I have a handle just like that.... I mean, " Just Like That ! " hanging on the wall in the Retro Gypsy Girl RV. We use it for a towel rack !
:rofl3:

Well i did pop up the last time I found the coffin. It is 180 degrees due south of the stairs on the rescue pontoon (the one near the airplane). You should be able to find it with that (note it is further south than you probably think). And contrary to popular myth, it does not get moved.

Now, if someone could tell me how to find that darned alligator.

Well,
I am here a little late. As you can see, it does exist. Thank you for the pictures Cruiser! All descriptions related to it's location appear to be correct to me. I have a different heading off the double (or twin) training platforms. But everything will get you in the same general area.

To the best of knowledge, I have never actually seen the thing move. It's been right there all along. Make your depth gauge read 38 ft.

Alligator is there. It is in a completely different part of the park though. Much closer to the south end of the park, just off the RV entry ramp.

thanks to all contributors for this hack edition of "mythbusters"

trip #7 is coming up soon:D

You guys are making it too easy...

you don't need to move the coffin when it can't be located anyway...and on the other end of the pond, have you seen the super sidewall...tire?

Haven't found the coffin yet...but the alligator is a hoot when you find it during algae bloom season and you nearly run into it with two foot vis!

Have only found the coffin once . Texass took us to see it on my first dive at CSSP, 5 yrs ago. Saw the alligator once also, and it seems like it's nw (more west than north) of Sisco the Shark, fairly close, actually. Maybe some of the ones who see it frequently can enlighten us, would like to find it again.

And the only time I've found the mine, I didn't find it, Zzzking did. He navigated our group DEAD ON the to cable that is holding the mine, approximately 18 inches below the ball, not 6 inches to the left or right, but exactly onto the thing, navigating again from Sisco, if I remember correctly. Anyway, that story has become Swampdiver SI legend.

I did find treasure recently at CSSP, did most of an hour long dive toting a huge glass bottle someone had thrown in there, sheesh. You would think divers, especially, wouldn't throw trash in such a great dive lake.

Last edited:
Finding all of the treasures seems to me to be what diving at CSSP is all about... Stuff doesnt move, really, so it is all about slowing way, way, way, way down and being aware of everything around you... Firefyter and timeliner taught me that... You can throughly cover a lot of ground in an hour... It's like golf... guys want really low scores, but that is totally contrary to economics... If you pay $72 for a round and shoot 72, then your cost per stroke is $1, but if you are like me and pay $72 and shoot a 144, then your cost is 50cents per stroke... now that I can afford...

YMMV...

Charlie

Back
Top Bottom