Diving in Davao

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

waz555

Reaction score
hello
I would like to ask some infos regarding davao
What are the famous dive sites in there?
Any resorts or contact persons?
We plan to dive for just a day, maybe 2 to3 dives max
We will be staying at crown regency ,is it far from the dive sites?

Thanks

Sites are around Talikud and Samal Islands.

Dive trips start from Santa Anna Wharf (Davao) and take 40 minutes min to get to the nearest sites on Samal/Talikud Islands.

There are three main dive shops - Davao Scuba (Frank), Caribo (dick) and Wind & Wave.

All are based at Sta Anna Wharf.

There is also a Korean dive shop nearby if you want to dive with them (their guests are predominatly Korean).

Babu Santa, Talikud Island, is a 'rest over' place for lunch which - in our opinion - has some of the best macro diving in the World.

I suggest that you contact Frank (we know him) to organise diving with Maeng (guide) to have a wonderful dive(s) there.

The Crown Regency is just a 10 min taxi ride to Sta Anna. As all dive ops are from Sta. Anna, then this is your only option for diving (a good one!).

Enjoy your stay in Davao and your diving.

Sites are around Talikud and Samal Islands.

Dive trips start from Santa Anna Wharf (Davao) and take 40 minutes min to get to the nearest sites on Samal/Talikud Islands.

There are three main dive shops - Davao Scuba (Frank), Caribo (dick) and Wind & Wave.

All are based at Sta Anna Wharf.

There is also a Korean dive shop nearby if you want to dive with them (their guests are predominatly Korean).

Babu Santa, Talikud Island, is a 'rest over' place for lunch which - in our opinion - has some of the best macro diving in the World.

I suggest that you contact Frank (we know him) to organise diving with Maeng (guide) to have a wonderful dive(s) there.

The Crown Regency is just a 10 min taxi ride to Sta Anna. As all dive ops are from Sta. Anna, then this is your only option for diving (a good one!).

Enjoy your stay in Davao and your diving.

hello sir, thanks alot

do you have contact details of them?

thanks alot

Carabao Dive Center (not caribo) look for john (09285047642 or 09214666340)

the korean shop's named Sanho - but i suggest you go with any of teh three aforementioned. crown regency's pretty close to the shops (all btw are located at sta. ana wharf) less than 5 mins away by taxi or jeepney (one ride)

common sites off talicud island are mansud/talisay wall & coral garden. more "famous" sites would be aundanao, mushroom rock and ligid

for resorts in samal you have punta del sol, paradise island, blue jazz, chemas, pear farm. you also have isla reta in talicud is.

carabao dive has regular dive trips to talicud is. every weekend. 300/hd for the boat and 150/ea for tanks.

when's your trip?

Frank, Davao Scuba - 082 305 5080

Wind and Wave - 082 305 3483

Caribao (Dick) - 082 300 1092

Apologies, but I don't have the number for the Korean shop.

which of the them do you recommend ? we will be just diving for a day and which dive site can you recommend ?

thanks

Frank, Davao Scuba - 082 305 5080

Wind and Wave - 082 305 3483

Caribao (Dick) - 082 300 1092

Apologies, but I don't have the number for the Korean shop.

Carabao Dive Center (not caribo) look for john (09285047642 or 09214666340)

the korean shop's named Sanho - but i suggest you go with any of teh three aforementioned. crown regency's pretty close to the shops (all btw are located at sta. ana wharf) less than 5 mins away by taxi or jeepney (one ride)

common sites off talicud island are mansud/talisay wall & coral garden. more "famous" sites would be aundanao, mushroom rock and ligid

for resorts in samal you have punta del sol, paradise island, blue jazz, chemas, pear farm. you also have isla reta in talicud is.

carabao dive has regular dive trips to talicud is. every weekend. 300/hd for the boat and 150/ea for tanks.

when's your trip?

hello sorry for the late reply , sir bing we plan to dive on friday ,july 2
but only for a day maybe max of 2 3 dives heheh

so which can you recommend for the short trip ?

thanks

best bet is to call the shops mentioned and find out who has a boat going out to talicud on friday. if none, you'll end up renting an outrigger for 5-6k (25-30 pax max) - wind & wave offers speedboat dives too (i forgot their rates tho)

my advice (if applicable) would be to dive with carabao on saturday/sunday during the regular dive trip

hey waz,

as for diving with carabao, not all the the DMs 'professional', just a heads up. no briefing, no planning, stuff like tht. esp if you're used to DMs from anilao/PG. no offense to them, just a frank assessment. sometimes they just leave you to go around on your own, sometimes they just go straight ahead and don't mind the other divers. this is just my experience btw. not sure if the same will happen to you, since they'l probably know you're not local. they might want to impress you manila folk.

as for me, they pretty much treat me like a local since i've dived with them a lot and i speak the dialect.

1 thing you can do is contact a instructor i know in davao. he can set you up so you can dive pearl farm w/o paying pearl farm rates. :) you basically stay at a resort near it and enter thru the back door. you just pay for the entrance fee. PM me if you want to get his #.

sometimes they just leave you to go around on your own, sometimes they just go straight ahead and don't mind the other divers

just the way we locals like it :wink:

have we met? gimme a heads up when you dive… we'll teach those unprofessional DMs a thing or two!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom