Tubbataha & Palau LOB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think that cots and reefs feature highly with Greenpeace or Sea Shepherd; Greenpeace just wave banners and Sea Shepherd targets Japanese Whalers.

The point made by bttmdweller refers to the environmental destruction made by Greenpeace at Tubbataha. Sure that one of the Explorer Fleet ran aground there, but Greenpeace did this on their first visit. This made them look like real amateurs against all other operators there.

Realise that the Explorer Fleet accounts for 60% liveaboard ops at Tubbataha and their boats are good. We have no problems with the captain/crew of the Explorer Fleet; indeed, we have found them to be excellent.

Our issue is with the Boat Managers which they entrust to run their dive ops.

You said that you cannot understand our post and - at the same time - said you will probably never travel to Tubbataha.

Maybe you ought to go there to really understand the logistics and distance/risk involved.

Hundreds of other divers want to travel there and are looking to people like us to give them good info and feedback.

Tubbataha is a special place on this Planet that many divers include on their 'wish list' places to dive.

We just want to let people know of our 'real life' experience AND hope that operators learn from this.

It's up to individuals to take notice or ignore this. We have nothing to gain.

Respect

WWD

sweet!! Lets bash Canadians! Let's take this one really far off topic....

Q: whats a baby seal's favourite drink?

A: Canadian Club on the Rocks :)

You said that you cannot understand our post and - at the same time - said you will probably never travel to Tubbataha.

No I didn't say this, nor was that what I meant... you said" Think that those reading this thread can easily see the issues and what the real problems were. "

And I said that "No I don't". In that I meant that no, by your post it isn't obvious that there were problems with the operation/manager conduct during the rescue operation. Only that you weren't happy with the way it was conducted and that you were trying to get a pound of flesh out of this by posting on this forum! And when the other side of the story was told, by the other interested party, it sheds a whole new light on it that things might not have been exactly as you accounted it, even though I'm sure that's how you perceived it. What I did conclude from your post, as well as the other, is that it's a big case of he said/she said and I can't really get a good idea of what might have really happened, except that there was an incident, they did safely rescue you, and you're not happy about it. Oh, and that you started the slandering in this thread...:shakehead: The truth in this, as often is the case, is problably some sort of mix of the two stories...

As for the Seal hunt you graciously decided to pull into this thread, for obvious reasons...:shakehead: Well I won't even waste a minute trying to explain this to you... Too often people who are ardent supporters of such groups are so blinded by the propaganda videos they spew forth constantly, that any objective reasoned discussion on this subject is impossible. So I won't even try...

I will say that I find it extremely hypocritical of you to blindly condemn the seal hunt as you do, but strongly support the organised extermination of Crown of Thorns on reefs in your area.:mooner:

In the case of the seals, it's humans intervening with nature to suit their purpose. In the case of the COTs, it's humans intervening with nature to suit their purpose... It's basically the same thing! You could even consider seals in Atlantic canada as big furry cuddly Crown of Thorns. But at least the fishermen here eat/ sell the seal they kill, so I guess the seal hunters are one up on you with your COT annihilation!!

Anybody up for a COT soufflé?:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: Or maybe you could use one as a pilow the next time you are sleeping on the deck of a liveaboard that has rescued you...:rofl3:

I was going to write down my credentials since it's so important for credibility on this forum, but I've reached the maxmimum word count so I'll keep those for another day.:rofl3:

wow, so this sorry misfortune guy is diveandletlive, he must have more unlucky diving days ahead! I would not dare ride on his new hi end boat. I think he should donate some of his money to charity, to have a better diving day ahead. may God bless his next trip and all those dive with him. scarely dive trip of an unlucky organizer!

wow, so this sorry misfortune guy is diveandletlive, he must have more unlucky diving days ahead! I would not dare ride on his new hi end boat. I think he should donate some of his money to charity, to have a better diving day ahead. may God bless his next trip and all those dive with him. scarely dive trip of an unlucky organizer!
Please check your reading comprehension skills as the group being discussed by World Wide Diver is the explorer fleet and NOT dive and let live.

Dive and Let Live just plugged themselves since this thread was put in the main PPD forum and not in the Trips and Marketplace subforum, where it should have been. That's fair game.

Your post is a poor pathetic attempt to troll.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom