Tubbataha & Palau LOB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I lol'd at hurtz feelins'. i lol'd a lot.

I lol'd at the hospitality reference

that a non-white finally got harassed for a tip on something non-tippable--- lol'd till I farted!

Now I'm lolin' at WWD's tag usage... and my own usage of the term "lol".

lolz

And you accuse me of being malicious, Andrew. Why don't you try googling Tubbataha Greenpeace and see what you come up with....

Tags; Scubaworld; Scuba World; Scuba world; Tubbataha; Liveaboard; live aboard; Exlporer Fleet; Eco Explored; Stella Maris; Eco Explore; Apo Explorer; Philippines; Philippine liveaboards; Philippines diving; Tubbataha reef

@ bttmdwllr

In our opinion (and without prejudice) you have the worst Boat Managers in the World from our 'limited' 13 year, 2000 dive, 20 liveaboards experience.

ah, those credentials again. :popcorn:

I lol'd at hurtz feelins'. i lol'd a lot.

I lol'd at the hospitality reference

that a non-white finally got harassed for a tip on something non-tippable--- lol'd till I farted!

Now I'm lolin' at WWD's tag usage... and my own usage of the term "lol".

lolz

if you meant WWD when you said a non-white got harrassed for a tip, i think WWD is caucasian. am i right WWD?

if you meant WWD when you said a non-white got harrassed for a tip, i think WWD is caucasian. am i right WWD?
no kiddin? whoops, my bad. I got the impression he/she was local (past posting memory). Momma always said to not judge a book by its cover...... I never listened to moms.

On a lighter note, WWD mentioned the Intl Maritime Law so I tried looking it up. I had assumed there was a single Intl recognized source but even the UN has 6 or 7 orgs under it with their own laws and not necessacarily supporting each other. Like competing Senators for funding. The tribunal LOS site is broken in a lot of parts so I couldnt tell you squat about them. One org says to render assistance by boats "under the flag of signatories" but doesnt specify intl or domestic waters.... only that they be under a flag.

Another UN org states the local maritime laws come first in rendering aide. Still another states the opposite.

My favorite is that Wiki had more information on UNCLOS than the actual UNCLOS site.... at least, more accessable anyway.

for the record, I am not caucasian - I prefer the term Cracker.:wink:

And you accuse me of being malicious, Andrew. Why don't you try googling Tubbataha Greenpeace and see what you come up with....

I agree 100% - what a set of noobs Greenpeace are!!!

I personally like the Sea Shepherd approach in that they deliberately 'ram' things like Japanese whalers rather than wandering aimlessly onto reefs:D

BTW, it's always the captain of the ship that has the last say and it must be this way. We have been involved in a few rescues ourselves. The last was a floundering yacht in the Med 18 months ago which had it's anchor stuck in rocks in bad weather near a rocky coastline. The operation incuded me putting my neck on the line to dive and free the anchor - quite dangerous with risk (whipping anchor chain, repetative dives, current, etc).

In this instance, the yacht owners later paid around $2000 USD for the salvage of their boat (cheap); but that was between the Captain/Operator (the same) and the owner of the yacht - not us.

Operators/ship/boat owners normally take out insurance to cover such circumstances, where the rescuing operator can make a claim against the owner/operator of the boat assisted.

It is highly irregular for rescued passengers to get asked for a 'tip' for being rescued.

And finally, Tubbataha Operators ought to get their heads together to agree upon an emergency action plan for such circumstances that we found ourselves in. Maybe one exists, but can't find it on the net/posted on any operators sites.

Just a thought ................................

Doh!

Last edited:
I personally like the Sea Shepherd approach in that they deliberately 'ram' things like Japanese whalers rather than wandering aimlessly onto reefs:D

Why does this not surprise me?:shakehead::shakehead:

Ahhh well... To each his/her own!:coffee:

PS. Just in case anyone is interested, I heard that due to inaction from local government, Seasheperd was going to start ramming Crown of Thorns whenever they encounter them... :D:D:D:rofl3::rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom